Summer Outlook Contest...Tony Wood's Snow Book First Place Prize

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of today it is @frankdp23 in the lead.  @Chubbs (has the tie breaker) is rooting for one more day, one day more.   P.S. How many more tor(s) can we get on Wednesday if Ida tracks thru the area?

Please let me know if I have any of this wrong. I did it on the fly this morning.

Good one. We are expecting a similar email after the winter snow contest

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, Rainshadow101 said:

After today there will be 29 days of 90F or higher and 29 TOR(s).  @NEchestercountydude, buy that ice truck and park it near the PHL ASOS.

With the next week generally above average, and how Septembers have been the last decade, I think I'm toast! I shouldn't be too far off though. 

32 minutes ago, Rainshadow101 said:

Now up to 30 ninety degree days and :smiley-shocked032: 35 tornado warnings.

On a record pace. phl a mini-tornado alley the past 3 years

tornadowarnphl.png

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

On a record pace. phl a mini-tornado alley the past 3 years

tornadowarnphl.png

I wonder how many would have been warned from the 80s to early 2000s especially.  Radar got a lot better since then picking up on them.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 10:12 AM, Rainshadow101 said:

Please let me know if I have any of this wrong. I did it on the fly this morning.

contest.JPG.6cf22643b5e74b9dc656165903852271.JPG

As of today it is @frankdp23 in the lead.  @Chubbs (has the tie breaker) is rooting for one more day, one day more.   P.S. How many more tor(s) can we get on Wednesday if Ida tracks thru the area?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Rainshadow101 said:

zero wouldn't hurt my feelings, we've had up to 10 more from here recently.

Screenshot 2021-08-28 at 09-18-55 xmACIS2.png

23 hours ago, Rainshadow101 said:

3 more for back to back. Why am I rooting for 90° days??? Darn you Tony. 🤨

• Like 3
On 6/3/2021 at 10:12 AM, Rainshadow23.0 said:

contest.JPG.6cf22643b5e74b9dc656165903852271.JPG

@Chubbs  is in the lead.  He has the tie breaker as he is slightly closer to the 51 issued tornado warnings.  Just got this e-mail: 

g.JPG.98203f788a1802e2da54582079cb9237.JPG

Yes, this is a joke. I know Jason (he started as an intern in our office in the late 1990s), he didn't write this. 

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Rainshadow23.0 said:

@Chubbs  is in the lead.  He has the tie breaker as he is slightly closer to the 51 issued tornado warnings.  Just got this e-mail: 

g.JPG.98203f788a1802e2da54582079cb9237.JPG

Yes, this is a joke. I know Jason (he started as an intern in our office in the late 1990s), he didn't write this. 

Good one. We are expecting a similar email after the winter snow contest :smileys-snowman-053129:

• Like 3

Philly with over 5X the TOR warnings that Wichita, KS has.    Rooting for heat, hate to say it.   90 in Sept is a whole lot easier to take than 90 in July.    Mostly it's the notion that it's the end of the road for it.