Heisy trip to Colorado...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you went to Australia for a second. Good luck! 

Cheyenne via Rick Bennett:

And Colorado is beautiful, one of my favorite trips was Denver-Boulder-Loveland Pass region over a week. If you get another chance Heisy flyout during the warmer months, it's breathtaking. These

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Chubbs said:

COLOSNOW.jpg

I don’t see how I got 2 feet. I don’t measure as you guys know but I think 20 was max here I was thinking we saw 16-18. You can see the lighter totals kind of pinching into Estes. 

17 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Told him upslope area west of Fort Collins, I see over 3' on that map 

Yea. Idk why so many people told me Estes. Once I was there I was confused being in a valley couldn’t be good, maybe they meant just as a spot with good visuals?? I learned two lessons this year: never doubt Walt Drag or Tombo. I’m on my Lyft back to my house. There was some decent turbulence on flight home maybe from that H5 low? Trust me I’m bitter but thank god the Dover trip paid off. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Chubbs said:

COLOSNOW.jpg

Don't sweat it Heisy. Weather is a tricky business.  Not sure what the lodging options were just west of Fort Collins and Boulder/Denver where the elevation ramps up. Here's a nice elevation map showing the relation between highest totals and that immediate rise in elevation.

mt.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Yea. Idk why so many people told me Estes. Once I was there I was confused being in a valley couldn’t be good, maybe they meant just as a spot with good visuals?? I learned two lessons this year: never doubt Walt Drag or Tombo. I’m on my Lyft back to my house. There was some decent turbulence on flight home maybe from that H5 low? Trust me I’m bitter but thank god the Dover trip paid off. 

It's a beautiful location close to the park. If I'm flying out to CO better believe I'm taking a few days to get in some activity & see the lay of the land.

They've averaged a liitle over 100" the past 20 yrs. so it's not like people sent you to Washington DC. Forecast totals were being lowered for Denver so no one expected over 2' in the city.