Heisy trip to Colorado...

And Colorado is beautiful, one of my favorite trips was Denver-Boulder-Loveland Pass region over a week. If you get another chance Heisy flyout during the warmer months, it's breathtaking.

These pics were from around Memorial Day when I visited many years ago...

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you went to Australia for a second. Good luck! 

Cheyenne via Rick Bennett:

And Colorado is beautiful, one of my favorite trips was Denver-Boulder-Loveland Pass region over a week. If you get another chance Heisy flyout during the warmer months, it's breathtaking. These

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Stimulus check came just in time lmao.

HEISY!

I really hope you’ve had a lot of fun but you’ve made one huge mistake (bigger than not picking Cheyenne)...

As far as I can see, you’ve neglected to mention and thank the very kind support from a handful of supporters of your Go Fund Me campaign!

A little appreciation now could go a long way with future such efforts!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

so Heisy flew to the other side of the country, rented a hotel for 2 nights and can't won't even see more than what he got in NJ storm? Throw on top of probably spent a few hundred dollars while doing so, SMH

To each his own.  

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Baseball0618 said:

To each his own.  

This is very true. I mean I’m sure the sights alone out there are just beautiful but I dunno if I could just pick up like that and go out there just to see snow 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

GFS snow fall forecast

for Denver (00z/14th most recent): 12.5", 15.9", 11.3", 8.6", 4.3", 7.5", 4.5", 3.5", 8.1",          

for Cheyenne                                  : 30.8", 32.3", 34.8", 34.4",  29.1", 25.1", 24.2", 36.1", 33.6"

Some GEFS members for Cheyenne reached 60".

Denver 27.1"

Cheyenne 30.8"

1 hour ago, PRINCETON ANGLER said:

Not sure how much fell at Heisy Hotel but it looks like the area did about as well as expected.

image.png.7cd5826813ab62306c836fe487b3f60f.png

Nope unfortunately the mountains dried the precip up. I'm where the dot is in estes park or arond there. Just ENE got crushed. Here it was flurries from like 2-3pm on. Wild. Got like 16 or so i think. 

2 hours ago, Qtown Snow said:

He should have just stayed at the airport

Haha, i was joking to my buddy about how i was all stressed out about that trip from airport, but turns out that would have been just fine! lmao. 

13 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

HEISY!

I really hope you’ve had a lot of fun but you’ve made one huge mistake (bigger than not picking Cheyenne)...

As far as I can see, you’ve neglected to mention and thank the very kind support from a handful of supporters of your Go Fund Me campaign!

A little appreciation now could go a long way with future such efforts!

Oh yea I mentioned it in earlier posts, but yea, that was the final nail in coffin that I was going. Couldn't let down my donators. Thank you so much!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, november2003 said:

Mine was right below my knee. I’m cursed to never see 3 feet. I could have chosen almost any location outside mountains. I chose this because so many people on Amwx said Estes 

don’t get me wrong though I’m not upset it’s been a fun trip. Always exciting chasing these things

• Sad 1