OBS Wagons Close (north/west better) Obs thread

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been decided for me that I am done snow blowing for today.   I knocked out a bunch of driveways, parked it to shovel off my deck and when I came back she was bedded down under the hemlock tree

4 inches after yesterday snowfall.

Yeti?! Or just @MikeD in Havertown?! Haha. Buddy posted this on his Facebook:  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mitchnick said:

This is a link to the traffic cam on the MD side of the MD/PA border on Rt. 30. It's about 100-150' lower than the peak ridge in MD that I mentioned earlier this morning, so that puts it at around 950-1000'[. I live 11 miles north :-). My wife says it's really coming down.

https://chart.maryland.gov/video/video.php?feed=a5ffabd8008200d30050fa36c4235c0a

Beat me to it.

image.png.d0118690a41d213f76b22d0abfbd1244.png

• Like 1

Moderate to heavy snow on the way home from Christiana De. Felt good about sun angle for a change. Roads OK except for a few stretches in Pa. Have an inch or so.

IMG_4637.JPG

• Like 1

Well, the rates in the city are high enough that my (residential) street is caving, despite a temp of 33.5F and sun exposure.  This is a fun little event.  Time to play will it or won't it with the rain/snow line. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Parsley said:

@tombo82685 you home?

Looks like close to 1.5" so far. Haven't gone out yet.

Yea I’m home. I’ve got an inch on snow board but wind to start was blowing it off so probably on low side 

At the hospital in Washington Township, GlouCo NJ we still have snow, but the sleet line on CC is knocking on my door.

Appears to be ENE/WSW oriented now: Bear, DE--Pennsville, NJ--Pitman, NJ--Berlin, NJ--Tabernacle, NJ--Bayville, NJ.  I should be mixing and changing over within minutes.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

8.JPG.14b0473773e9efde2c6cd7f6427a25b4.JPG

The “how it started” frame of every storm this winter.  Not a complaint, just an observation as I wasn’t really even banking on a car topper here in National Park where most surfaces are caving....heavily treated roads still wet.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tiburon said:

At the hospital in Washington Township, GlouCo NJ we still have snow, but the sleet line on CC is knocking on my door.

Appears to be ENE/WSW oriented now: Bear, DE--Pennsville, NJ--Pitman, NJ--Berlin, NJ--Tabernacle, NJ--Bayville, NJ.  I should be mixing and changing over within minutes.

and we're sleet.  Still snow at home in Wenonah.  Figure they may have another 15-20 minutes before the pinging starts.  Hell, it might even be just rain.  Surface at 33.5/30.