Jump to content

OBS Wagons Close (north/west better) Obs thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been decided for me that I am done snow blowing for today.   I knocked out a bunch of driveways, parked it to shovel off my deck and when I came back she was bedded down under the hemlock tree

4 inches after yesterday snowfall.

Yeti?! Or just @MikeD in Havertown?! Haha. Buddy posted this on his Facebook:  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Maybe it’s me, but I just refuse to buy a snow blower. I thoroughly enjoy shoveling and building massive snow glaciers that I admire every time I pull out or into my driveway 

I still have to shovel the porch and small  areas after snow blowing. I build glaciers with the blower and I believe they last longer because of more density 😆

A3D7B2A0-C7E4-4AB3-B29D-0AD6998CFA17.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Birdtown2 said:

I still have to shovel the porch and small  areas after snow blowing. I build glaciers with the blower and I believe they last longer because of more density 😆

A3D7B2A0-C7E4-4AB3-B29D-0AD6998CFA17.jpeg

Yeah I got some glaciers too.  When the next ice age comes, the glaciation will spread out from the snow piles of shopping center parking lots. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Maybe it’s me, but I just refuse to buy a snow blower. I thoroughly enjoy shoveling and building massive snow glaciers that I admire every time I pull out or into my driveway 

That's because you're young and in shape. Talk to me when you're old and out of shape like I am. You will appreciate the snowblower.😁

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Maybe it’s me, but I just refuse to buy a snow blower. I thoroughly enjoy shoveling and building massive snow glaciers that I admire every time I pull out or into my driveway 

Mine’s to long to hand shovel , blower is a must , I will push shovel it if there’s only a little snow

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BoWreck said:

Mine’s to long to hand shovel , blower is a must , I will push shovel it if there’s only a little snow

Finished with 5" on the nose here.  Now light rain and 33.1.  It might get really icy tonight.

At my old house I always hand shoveled, but I had a small driveway, maybe like 3 cars long, double wide.  Now my driveway can fit probably 10 suv's.  I even snowblow if there is an inch on it, lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like 4.3" final. temps were above 32 from about 1:30 on, reaching 34, so dealt with some compaction. pretty nice paste job on trees tho

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

Finished with 5" on the nose here.  Now light rain and 33.1.  It might get really icy tonight.

At my old house I always hand shoveled, but I had a small driveway, maybe like 3 cars long, double wide.  Now my driveway can fit probably 10 suv's.  I even snowblow if there is an inch on it, lol. 

This is your winter. No doubt.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parsley said:

This is your winter. No doubt.

I was just looking at my spreadsheet with my snow totals going back to 1979/1980 (I used Rutgers until I started measuring as a 9 year old in 1987 back in Piscataway), and this is now the 8th snowiest winter I've experienced.  I need 4" more to move into 4th place.  I can't complain one bit.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been decided for me that I am done snow blowing for today.   I knocked out a bunch of driveways, parked it to shovel off my deck and when I came back she was bedded down under the hemlock tree right next to the driveway.  

20210222_141609.jpg

  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JCT777 said:

The biggest is almost 7 feet high and nearly the same wide. It should last until about Easter. 😄

Thats what I'm talking about. You have to embrace the glaciers and you go out of your way to pile it up higher on the mound that gets the least amount of sun. This ensures it lasts well into March 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...