OBS Wagons Close (north/west better) Obs thread

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been decided for me that I am done snow blowing for today.   I knocked out a bunch of driveways, parked it to shovel off my deck and when I came back she was bedded down under the hemlock tree

4 inches after yesterday snowfall.

Yeti?! Or just @MikeD in Havertown?! Haha. Buddy posted this on his Facebook:  

Posted Images

Has finally changed over to a light drizzle here in Eagle/Chester Springs near MCSP. All snow up to that point. Total was 4.5" and now looks like it's starting to compact under the drizzle.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

We (weather enthusiasts) know that. Our neighbors.....probably not. That's the problem. I had to talk my neighbor out of going to an Dr. appt. at 1pm, this morning. When she called the office at 9am they told her "It's not even snowing".

People are CLUELESS.

In the words of a great Philadelphian, "you can be weatherwise or otherwise" Ben Franklin

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

We (weather enthusiasts) know that. Our neighbors.....probably not. That's the problem. I had to talk my neighbor out of going to an Dr. appt. at 1pm, this morning. When she called the office at 9am they told her "It's not even snowing".

People are CLUELESS.

Yeah no I agree. I was agreeing with your statement that it's a shame people blow off warnings from the NWS. 

• Like 1

As of 1:20 PM in Spring Mount, PA... light snow/rain mix is falling with a temp of 32.5 degrees.

Looks like the 4.5" of snow I just measured will be the final amount for this event. That was a really nice 3 hour stretch from 10 AM to 1 PM (1"+ per hour rates).

24 minutes ago, Seanvolz98 said:

In the last 10 minutes: rain, rain/snow, snow, rain, back to heavy snow 

Feels like we had every combination of snow, sleet and rain possible.

• Like 1

A solution may be to issue a Winter Storm Warning if snowfall rates are forecast to exceed an inch an hour, regardless of whether the storm is forecast to fall within the 4-6 (or over) inch range. That may get people's attention more than a special weather statement. 

• Like 2

Well, I no sooner posted my winter wonderland video when it all turned to sleet and rain in Towamencin. 

The schools didn't believe there would be snow. Hopefully, roads get cleared in time for elementary schools to dismiss. High school is about to dismiss and the roads are....scientifically speaking....utter ****.