Wagons Close (North Better) Snow On 2/22.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the record low seasonal at Worcester is 21" in 1955, look for that record to be challenged next season on the bright side it's only 5 hrs. to Montreal so now a chase to Canada is in the cards, ma

Did you take that job to get in the better snow?

Ill be working in Conshohocken so ill be a bit NW of city. Should be a fun few hours. 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Next winter you guys gonna miss me. Think I’m like 80% most likely headed to Worcester. Expect +300% snow next year 

the record low seasonal at Worcester is 21" in 1955, look for that record to be challenged next season

on the bright side it's only 5 hrs. to Montreal so now a chase to Canada is in the cards, make sure your passport is current

seriously you'll be missed, I love your passion & enthusiasm as well as your return to posting as an annual rite of winter

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

the record low seasonal at Worcester is 21" in 1955, look for that record to be challenged next season

on the bright side it's only 5 hrs. to Montreal so now a chase to Canada is in the cards, make sure your passport is current

seriously you'll be missed, I love your passion & enthusiasm as well as your return to posting as an annual rite of winter

Agree

• Like 1
2 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

For sure haha. I smell a wagons south winter. 

10 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Run after run after run. Well see if the rgem pulls it out or if it just can’t handle the thermals with this storm

D9897462-6107-4899-B7D2-1E0261D26E5C.png

It might be right with thermals but I think it’s to wet 

10 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Last storm you hit the jackpot while discounting the Nam/Rgem.

And they were both way to wet. Go look at Tony’s postings in qpf thread. Never said they didn’t have the right idea where banding is or thermals but they just go way insane with qpf and broad brush it to much. Rgem qpf to me is to wet 

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Run after run after run. Well see if the rgem pulls it out or if it just can’t handle the thermals with this storm

D9897462-6107-4899-B7D2-1E0261D26E5C.png

I'll let you know tomorrow because my office is under the 6" shading. If history is any guide, I won't be reporting 6". Lol

• Like 1

cobb off the 06 NAM a little better vs 18z ytday - I95 (phl,ilg,pne,ttn) is an inch or so - phl = 1.1, Coatesvillle is 2.7", abe is the winner at 4.5, rdg+lns just under 4,

35 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Pivotal HRRR indicates sleet is possible with 850mb warm punch (hours don't match)

floop-hrrr-2021022209.850th.us_ma.gif

Latest HRRR is a tic cooler, going to be a nowcast, heavy rates vs warm air

• Like 2
9 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

And they were both way to wet. Go look at Tony’s postings in qpf thread. Never said they didn’t have the right idea where banding is or thermals but they just go way insane with qpf and broad brush it to much. Rgem qpf to me is to wet 

00z RGEM 0.62" in PHL.  48hr duration event Thu-Fri in PHL 0.69". 

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Interesting event for this nextgen mesoscale model.  (version 3, not 2 on SPC site)

d.JPG.695209abf28158352943506312a205ae.JPG

That looks highly believable for the 4-6 hour event. Really nails the elevation factor. 

5 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

0.37" for PHL (00z).

For last Thursday? I was talking about the last Thursday event and on the NAM I'm seeing over 1" qpf for that event