Jump to content

Wagons Close (North Better) Snow On 2/22.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Chubbs said:

No I don't know that. I googled the term and couldn't find it.  Sounds like BS to me. Euro 925mb map below. S winds are strong just above the surface throughout the region.  That is where the warm air is surging in.

Doesn't mean it won't snow though. N+W+elevation favored.

floop-ecmwf_full-2021022012.925th.us_ma.gif

LOL! I think you missed my point on the "famous TIRC" no clue what that famous meteorological phenomena is....do you???

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the record low seasonal at Worcester is 21" in 1955, look for that record to be challenged next season on the bright side it's only 5 hrs. to Montreal so now a chase to Canada is in the cards, ma

Did you take that job to get in the better snow?

Ill be working in Conshohocken so ill be a bit NW of city. Should be a fun few hours. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

Your wxsim forecast for the last storm worked great at my house. 😂

It did....now the forecast for where it was supposed to be centered.....not so swell!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

LOL! I think you missed my point on the "famous TIRC" no clue what that famous meteorological phenomena is....do you???

You should have thrown a smiley in. TIRC is a phenomena that sounds plausible, fills a column, and inspires hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Warm convective element enhances precip as it crosses philly area.  If that accelerates arrival time it brings warm layer with it faster, shifting snow line farther NW.  Fall line and above for now

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, susqushawn said:

Warm convective element enhances precip as it crosses philly area.  If that accelerates arrival time it brings warm layer with it faster, shifting snow line farther NW.  Fall line and above for now

Yes, fall line looks like the cut-off. Could still shift today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wxsim with 12z NAM and 6z GFS

Monday: Dense overcast. Snow likely in the morning, then a mix of snow and rain
 likely in the afternoon. High 32. Wind chill ranging from 17 to 24. Wind south
 around 9 mph, gusting to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
 Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly between half an inch and one inch. Snow
 accumulation 4 to 6 inches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chescopawxman said:

Wxsim with 12z NAM and 6z GFS

Monday: Dense overcast. Snow likely in the morning, then a mix of snow and rain
 likely in the afternoon. High 32. Wind chill ranging from 17 to 24. Wind south
 around 9 mph, gusting to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
 Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly between half an inch and one inch. Snow
 accumulation 4 to 6 inches.

I would take no issue with wxsim nailing that forecast

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Anyone staying as snow when convection kicks in are in for a treat.  Not saying thundersnow, but it will rip.  I'm quite optimistic in an overachiever imby at least.

I am too. I’ll be at my parents in Ludwigs corner for this. Their place is around 550’ so 4” looks doable here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...