OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thunderstorms will never ever ever ever ever ever come close to the scenery of a snow covered landscape with a sun set 

Just got an email from Shutterfly with the “memories from this day last year”. Couldn’t be any more different. Grass was starting to green up, my gardens were all cleaned up and getting ready for mulc

This guy showed up just after I posted  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Poor little Gigi looks like he’s tired 

97221A61-F435-40ED-B4F4-FF4274E88B61.png

He's looking a little thin around the waist line. Needs some more bitter cold and snow.

Quick check-in while I’m working.

Very icy when leaving for work early this morning - more so than I anticipated. 

Currently snowing where I am at right near PHL. Sleeting across the river in west Deptford according to my girlfriend. Sounds about right. 

Probably around 7" now storm total. It has been snowing consistently (albeit lightly) since 8-9 AM this morning.  Sun has been wanting to poke through the last couple of hours.

Light snow continues in Philly, but the sun is starting to work its magic so I measured.  Looks like about 0.3" snow on top of 0.2" translucent crud from overnight and the earlier sleetfest.  On top of yesterday's 3.1" that makes 3.6".  

41 minutes ago, Rojojojo said:

Light snow continues in Philly, but the sun is starting to work its magic so I measured.  Looks like about 0.3" snow on top of 0.2" translucent crud from overnight and the earlier sleetfest.  On top of yesterday's 3.1" that makes 3.6".  

Well... the snow continues to accrue on the shaded surfaces, even while it is slowly melting on the exposed ones.  We'll call it a wash. 

2 hours ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

The pair of Langhornes in there.  Not sure if one of these is Carl, but the champagne ratios yesterday morning and then going over 1" w/e for the event.

bucks.JPG.d85018c5a69f0232066b7c08ad0a0fdc.JPG

not me but they're both close, 3.4 NNE is less than 3/4 mile to my west & 2.8 NE is less than 1.5 miles to my SW

I had 7.2" thru yesterday so the 7.3" there looks good, not sure about the 9.5"......locations a little further to my south caught the full brunt of the pre sunrise finger band so those 8-9+" totals make sense.

Triple play with this event, measurable snow, sleet & frz rain, needed 2-3 hr delay for the long morning dog walk. High likelihood I would have had to dial 911 1st this morning having 2 large dogs drag me around on a skating rink.

not a quarter inch of ice but more than a tenth

20210219_105921.jpg.96e1d50a838f64e6e3fac871bbbf1cbc.jpg

20210219_112931.jpg.0c77fcca95169b212486b1a851cca68e.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, JCT777 said:

This light snow keeps going and going in Spring Mount, PA. Even with temps near freezing, I've managed another 0.2" since my previous update. Up to 4.7" of snow/sleet for the event.

If KPHL holds with 3.3", you'll be 1 of the perfect score winners in the over/under game!

• Like 1