OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba

6 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Stuck a few spots on top of the old icepack to get the new snow/sleet depth. Average is just under 3".

IMG_4598.JPG

This guy showed up just after I posted

IMG_4599.JPG

• Like 14
  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thunderstorms will never ever ever ever ever ever come close to the scenery of a snow covered landscape with a sun set 

Just got an email from Shutterfly with the “memories from this day last year”. Couldn’t be any more different. Grass was starting to green up, my gardens were all cleaned up and getting ready for mulc

This guy showed up just after I posted  

Posted Images

I saw on the soundings a residual warm layer > 0C through like 14z but it's possible this area of better lift flips things from ZR/IP to SN/IP and eventually snow. Anything after 14-15z looks cold enough for snow. But a lot of this is about getting the mid levels to saturate/lift more than anything.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mitchnick said:

Euro's 1.5" this morning imby advertised on the 0z never materialized. Maybe I'm just a bit eager with my angst,  ehh?

The Euro changed its tune with the 6z run from 0z. 0z had 1.5" falling by 7am. I had nothing. 6z had .3" between 6z and 12z this morning  (wrong) and another .3" fall afterwards. That may be possible as it is now snowing lightly. We'll see. Good luck to those to my east. It actually looks pretty good suddenly. 

19 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Hows the soundings for our area look? If that precip makes it here wonder what ptype it'd be

This is the 3km nam view.  I do this for our OEM, should have stuck in some sleet too.  Call it the Ying.  The HRRR has it snowing in PHL after 10 am, call it the yang.

omega.png.d3092653247f65018d1d8fcceb6b94ab.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hm2 said:

I saw on the soundings a residual warm layer > 0C through like 14z but it's possible this area of better lift flips things from ZR/IP to SN/IP and eventually snow. Anything after 14-15z looks cold enough for snow. But a lot of this is about getting the mid levels to saturate/lift more than anything.

95% sleet to start, 50/50 now.

IMG_4601.JPG