OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thunderstorms will never ever ever ever ever ever come close to the scenery of a snow covered landscape with a sun set 

Just got an email from Shutterfly with the “memories from this day last year”. Couldn’t be any more different. Grass was starting to green up, my gardens were all cleaned up and getting ready for mulc

This guy showed up just after I posted  

Posted Images

• Qtown Snow changed the title to OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba
33 minutes ago, Mitchnick said:

Euro's 1.5" this morning imby advertised on the 0z never materialized. Maybe I'm just a bit eager with my angst,  ehh?

Euro is going to come in last at PHL again with this event.  This is now 3 out of 5 events. One time is an anomaly, three times is a pattern. 

Just now, Rainshadow6.6 said:

2.9" in Mount Laurel . 30F and light freezing drizzle. I don't think that coastal pcpn can back into PA. Whatever you get looks more triggered with the 700 mb Trof swinging thru.

We are getting light snow not showing up on radar

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Euro is going to come in last at PHL again with this event.  This is now 3 out of 5 events. One time is an anomaly, three times is a pattern. 

Do you know how good the euro snowmaps are re:mixing. Was it the map or the model that was too snowy (or both)?

9 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Thats why we have a new Dr.No :)

4 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Do you know how good the euro snowmaps are re:mixing. Was it the map or the model that was too snowy (or both)?

The axis of heaviest snow it was depicting just before go time cut thru PHL when in reality it was northwest. I’d have to go back and look at the other four. It is a dichotomy as the EPS had the best snowfall forecast for 2 of the 5.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

I have to also say that we dropped looking at the NAM & SREF this season and one of them was often good for a last place finish. I get a feeling the nextgen GFS is going to be too snowy in marginal scenarios, it’s 850mb cold bias gets colder closer to go time. I didn’t catch the first two runs with this, but the four I saw it was snowier than the Euro.

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

The axis of heaviest snow it was depicting just before go time cut thru PHL when in reality it was northwest. I’d have to go back and look at the other four. It is a dichotomy as the EPS had the best snowfall forecast for 2 of the 5.

Yes, the banding also important, likes 202 vs 95

This’ll be the area to watch today building down by Dc. 

unpaved surfaces in Delco, and some side streets and pretty slick. I almost wiped out in the parking lot at work; and one of our younger guys did!! Lol. (He’s ok). 

stay safe out there today!

2AC10F98-5067-4CBC-A1B1-4A84703A1A68.png

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

I have to also say that we dropped looking at the NAM & SREF this season and one of them was often good for a last place finish. I get a feeling the nextgen GFS is going to be too snowy in marginal scenarios, it’s 850mb cold bias gets colder closer to go time. I didn’t catch the first two runs with this, but the four I saw it was snowier than the Euro.

Yes, did OK for a few storms, but hasn't been stellar. I'll give it faint praise - better than current gfs in some situations.

6 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

unpaved surfaces in Delco, and some side streets and pretty slick. I almost wiped out in the parking lot at work; and one of our younger guys did!! Lol. (He’s ok). 

Another narrow band - have a feeling it won't be driving up I95

Here in Spring Mount, PA there was a whopping 0.1" of light sleet/snow overnight to bring the event total up to 4.1" of total snow and sleet. Still very lightly sneeting at 8:00 AM with a temp of 27 degrees.

27 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Hows the soundings for our area look? If that precip makes it here wonder what ptype it'd be