Jump to content

OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thunderstorms will never ever ever ever ever ever come close to the scenery of a snow covered landscape with a sun set 

Just got an email from Shutterfly with the “memories from this day last year”. Couldn’t be any more different. Grass was starting to green up, my gardens were all cleaned up and getting ready for mulc

This guy showed up just after I posted  

Posted Images

  • Qtown Snow changed the title to OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba
33 minutes ago, Mitchnick said:

Euro's 1.5" this morning imby advertised on the 0z never materialized. Maybe I'm just a bit eager with my angst,  ehh?

Euro is going to come in last at PHL again with this event.  This is now 3 out of 5 events. One time is an anomaly, three times is a pattern. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rainshadow6.6 said:

2.9" in Mount Laurel . 30F and light freezing drizzle. I don't think that coastal pcpn can back into PA. Whatever you get looks more triggered with the 700 mb Trof swinging thru.

We are getting light snow not showing up on radar

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Euro is going to come in last at PHL again with this event.  This is now 3 out of 5 events. One time is an anomaly, three times is a pattern. 

Do you know how good the euro snowmaps are re:mixing. Was it the map or the model that was too snowy (or both)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Euro is going to come in last at PHL again with this event.  This is now 3 out of 5 events. One time is an anomaly, three times is a pattern. 

Thats why we have a new Dr.No :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Do you know how good the euro snowmaps are re:mixing. Was it the map or the model that was too snowy (or both)?

The axis of heaviest snow it was depicting just before go time cut thru PHL when in reality it was northwest. I’d have to go back and look at the other four. It is a dichotomy as the EPS had the best snowfall forecast for 2 of the 5.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Do you know how good the euro snowmaps are re:mixing. Was it the map or the model that was too snowy (or both)?

I have to also say that we dropped looking at the NAM & SREF this season and one of them was often good for a last place finish. I get a feeling the nextgen GFS is going to be too snowy in marginal scenarios, it’s 850mb cold bias gets colder closer to go time. I didn’t catch the first two runs with this, but the four I saw it was snowier than the Euro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

The axis of heaviest snow it was depicting just before go time cut thru PHL when in reality it was northwest. I’d have to go back and look at the other four. It is a dichotomy as the EPS had the best snowfall forecast for 2 of the 5.

Yes, the banding also important, likes 202 vs 95

Link to post
Share on other sites

This’ll be the area to watch today building down by Dc. 
 

unpaved surfaces in Delco, and some side streets and pretty slick. I almost wiped out in the parking lot at work; and one of our younger guys did!! Lol. (He’s ok). 
 

stay safe out there today!

2AC10F98-5067-4CBC-A1B1-4A84703A1A68.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

I have to also say that we dropped looking at the NAM & SREF this season and one of them was often good for a last place finish. I get a feeling the nextgen GFS is going to be too snowy in marginal scenarios, it’s 850mb cold bias gets colder closer to go time. I didn’t catch the first two runs with this, but the four I saw it was snowier than the Euro.

Yes, did OK for a few storms, but hasn't been stellar. I'll give it faint praise - better than current gfs in some situations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

This’ll be the area to watch today building down by Dc. 
 

unpaved surfaces in Delco, and some side streets and pretty slick. I almost wiped out in the parking lot at work; and one of our younger guys did!! Lol. (He’s ok). 
 

stay safe out there today!

2AC10F98-5067-4CBC-A1B1-4A84703A1A68.png

Another narrow band - have a feeling it won't be driving up I95

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Spring Mount, PA there was a whopping 0.1" of light sleet/snow overnight to bring the event total up to 4.1" of total snow and sleet. Still very lightly sneeting at 8:00 AM with a temp of 27 degrees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

This’ll be the area to watch today building down by Dc. 
 

unpaved surfaces in Delco, and some side streets and pretty slick. I almost wiped out in the parking lot at work; and one of our younger guys did!! Lol. (He’s ok). 
 

stay safe out there today!

2AC10F98-5067-4CBC-A1B1-4A84703A1A68.png

Hows the soundings for our area look? If that precip makes it here wonder what ptype it'd be

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...