OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thunderstorms will never ever ever ever ever ever come close to the scenery of a snow covered landscape with a sun set 

Just got an email from Shutterfly with the “memories from this day last year”. Couldn’t be any more different. Grass was starting to green up, my gardens were all cleaned up and getting ready for mulc

This guy showed up just after I posted  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, hm2 said:

Half of this game is emotional, too. There was this sentiment on Twitter that no matter what, "take the under," because "it's Philly." Also, lots of people banked on mixing to ruin the show, which is not incorrect there.

That is true.  I was not sure if you are including tomorrow's snow as part of the total?  That would have swayed my decision.

Meanwhile I have my back to the window typing this and I am hearing alot of sleet.

• Like 1
Just now, Rainshadow6.6 said:

That is true.  I was not sure if you are including tomorrow's snow as part of the total?  That would have swayed my decision.

Meanwhile I have my back to the window typing this and I am hearing alot of sleet,

Yes, I'm including tomorrow's snow in this. I tweeted before the game started that this would count both 2/18 and 2/19 and I warned that sleet is counted towards F-6.

It has been going back and forth with snow and then sleet. Now heavy snow.  Total snow here, about half an inch.  Temperature 26.  

The size of these flakes now are huge.  Just indicative of that warm layer aloft.  Let's see if it can snow for a bit and pile up out there.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, hm2 said:

Yes, I'm including tomorrow's snow in this. I tweeted before the game started that this would count both 2/18 and 2/19 and I warned that sleet is counted towards F-6.

I would have gone with over because of tomorrow.

Right now PHL event w/e is 0.34", but who knows how much of that part is sleet.

1 minute ago, irishbri74 said:

Back to heavy snow in Clifton heights/secane / Delco. How weird. Guess the column is cooling enough. 

Obviously I'd like all snow...but i've enjoyed watching this battle. Big fatties flying now.

• Like 1

For those wondering, here in Burlington Twp. the first shot started as all snow but quickly mixed with sleet. Now I'm mostly all sleet and it's getting heavier.

• Qtown Snow changed the title to OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba
  • tombo82685 unpinned this topic