OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba

11 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

Looks to me that the heaviest returns in MD are going to reflect exactly this in the next hour or so?

It wasn't horrible.  Sleet is enhancing the radar returns.   More of the point that its banding concentration was in NJ.  This is the current solution for now.

I found the 900-500mb from yesterday, I am just following the mean wind and expect the heaviest precipitation to fall on the cold side of this forcing (it's not centered at its max).

Capture.JPGfff.JPG

ffff.JPG

• Like 1
  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thunderstorms will never ever ever ever ever ever come close to the scenery of a snow covered landscape with a sun set 

Just got an email from Shutterfly with the “memories from this day last year”. Couldn’t be any more different. Grass was starting to green up, my gardens were all cleaned up and getting ready for mulc

This guy showed up just after I posted  

Posted Images

Interesting, I was on a work call and looked outside and noticed it had that classic mixing look (scattered flakes falling quickly).  I looked back five minutes later and it's back to SN/SN+, no mixing.

• Like 2

Snowing hard again here. Just got in from my 1st rd of shoveling and there was atleast 4 inches out there and its accumulating pretty well now. Was fat flakes, then real small, now back to fatter flakes. God I hope that stuff in MD comes in as snow but ill take some crazy sleet as a consolation.

East Nantmeal Twp Chester County PA

Another 1.25" in the last hour now up to 5.5" snow total so far- currently snowing but nowhere near as heavy as the past 2 hours have been - still some large flakes -temp up to 23.3 on VP and 22.1 on Tempest

• Like 1

Short range guidance had a full scale changeover ~ 18z across SE PA / C NJ where it's currently ripping...but that's another 3 hours of these rates on top of areas that are 6-9". You do the math. ;)

• Like 3

Snow slackened off in the past 20 minutes in Spring Mount, PA... and has been mixed with sleet since then. As of 10:05 AM, light snow/sleet mix with a temp of 23.5 degrees. Total snow for the event was right at 3.0" when it lightened up and mixed with sleet.

Just now, Qtown Snow said:

love how sleet disappears on radar in mont/bucks

Yup, and it's disappearing right over my head as I type this. Pretty much all snow again in Spring Mount, and has picked up to nearly moderate intensity.

• Like 2
  • Qtown Snow changed the title to OBS: February 18th, 19th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba
  • tombo82685 unpinned this topic