February 18th Wintry Precipitation Event, Paging Chumbawamba, Paging Chumbawamba

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

first call. Inside black line zone amounts up to 10"  

Looks like our typical storm run backwards

Here's my complete wild guess map for the storm.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I’m nitpicking, any snow we get from this storm is pure gravy. Not trying to sound pessimistic. It’s awesome we’re even tracking another winter event

You going to do a short pbp with the Euro? It's running.

1 minute ago, Debeaches said:

Lol- I’m laying at the pool and 82 degrees at Disney World this week.  No doubt I will miss the snow.  But this ain’t bad!!

Good. Now everyone can openly root against an eastern solution guilt free. Lol

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Look at para for an example. I just don’t see the coastal giving us much snow. It’s all WAA and if it dies out south of us we get screwed by time mid levels torch. I’d rather change quicker if it means getting the good fronto stuff idk

It doesn't matter if the coastal gives us precip or not. If this gets pushed southeast, then you miss coastal precip but get the colder side of the storm with primary precip which would rot below or latitude. So instead of like 5-7 sleet zr then rain you would get 3-5 with sleet and maybe some zr. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, PRINCETON ANGLER said:

Boooo. Want to hold on to the pack as long as possible. Otherwise it's just brown and grey muck as we head toward the second worst month of the year. (July is a horror show)

I think March is absolute worst month. Cold seems worse after teasing tastes of spring, yet there is little chance of a good snowstorm.

November is similar to March, in that it bookends meteorological winter without much chance of snow - but I kind of like November, it has a nice feel to it, that sense of fall deepening into winter... , Gray blustery days, Thanksgiving, start of Christmas season. But March has little in the way of redeeming features.

Nothing at all against July. Peak thunderstorm month around here.

Sorry for going OT.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Nw trend has commenced ... in 48’hrs this should be a cutter again 😂😂 

I’m kidding 

🙏. This day last year they were mowing the greens at my club.  Let’s go! 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Nw trend has commenced ... in 48’hrs this should be a cutter again 😂😂 

I’m kidding 

Wouldn’t shock me if the best banding ends up by LV with dc missing out again and philly being close to southern border 

• Like 2

Every event this year ended with less snow than consensus prog at hame time, and unusually far below Euro and Ukie, the 2 best scoring models. 

Just once this year I would love to see models bust too low, and there's no reason why this one shouldn't be the one the way I see it.

20 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Like December? 

Yea, I think you're in a good spot for this, you have even more breathing room. I'm expecting a nw trend with this. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Mitchnick said:

Every event this year ended with less snow than consensus prog at hame time, and unusually far below Euro and Ukie, the 2 best scoring models. 

Just once this year I would love to see models bust too low, and there's no reason why this one shouldn't be the one the way I see it.

Thats because models under estimate warmth a loft and people take snow maps to much at face value and ignore the general signs. Since most of our storms have been a mix bag, it's not shocking. 

• Like 1