Winter Storm Threats V (5 days and beyond)

3 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I def buy the colder look for ice, just not buying the ggem, icon, gfs solutions 

I am not forecasting an outcome, just outlining how we get there.

lucy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m checked in at the airport guys

Well guys it looks like it’s over. This year was an epic blast. Highs, lows, and in between. I’ll pop my head in and out if a cane comes close, and keep ya guys posted on my move to Worcester (pm me i

Hey guys I’m 100% going now “. Found an amwx poster who is also there to room with cut down on cost. Headed to Estes I’ll post pics/vids. I’m still trying to figure out if I’ll be able to get a Lyft f

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

The 94 KU period is on the 6-10 and 8-14 day analog list. Haven't checked recently so not sure when it came on.

610analog.off.gif

You know it was one heck of an ice storm winter when (me) the person doing stormdata is saying ice accumulations were “rather light” only around one quarter inch or less occurred.

• Like 3

On the plus side, thanks to that winter, neither Penndot nor any other road department is likely to run out of salt. An incredible salt shortage made things a whole lot worse; just imagine a sequence of ice storms without treated roads. Salt was gold; all the highway departments ran out of it. Penndot was ordering supplies based on the previous recent winters in which not much happened, save for March 1993. They haven't made that mistake since. That's why these day you're likely to see stockpiles vomiting out of the salt domes when you drive past them. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

I don’t buy this ice event for the 95 area. This is either snow or rain. 

Maybe, depends if there’s spacing between the tpv and main vort to allow arctic front to press. CMC and NAM camp still don’t have much separation. There’s no spacing with CMC which is just rain for coastal plain with snow to Nw. Looks like I may be taking a breather personally haha. It’s been helluva winter. 10x better than I thoughtd it be. 3 chases, 2 HECS for me and a few smaller events thrown in. Maybe March will go out with a bang but I think right now after whatever this event is Tuesday we’re in for a bit of a break in the coastal plain. 

ACDDDA56-A285-4A02-BB20-B69783C50453.png

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Maybe, depends if there’s spacing between the tpv and main vort to allow arctic front to press. CMC and NAM camp still don’t have much separation. There’s no spacing with CMC which is just rain for coastal plain with snow to Nw. Looks like I may be taking a breather personally haha. It’s been helluva winter. 10x better than I thoughtd it be. 3 chases, 2 HECS for me and a few smaller events thrown in. Maybe March will go out with a bang but I think right now after whatever this event is Tuesday we’re in for a bit of a break in the coastal plain. 

ACDDDA56-A285-4A02-BB20-B69783C50453.png

I agree. It has been a great run but I think our time is about up. This looks like a pattern for NNE. We haven’t had a ice storm here since 2007 and before that was 1994. Imo climo was different back then. We won’t see that type of impact now. I think it’s about over for winter 2020-2021 

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

I agree. It has been a great run but I think our time is about up. This looks like a pattern for NNE. We haven’t had a ice storm here since 2007 and before that was 1994. Imo climo was different back then. We won’t see that type of impact now. I think it’s about over for winter 2020-2021 

Yea, I think models are way overhyping the low level cold. I bet This will end up being like one of those half hour glaze to rainers. Far nw who knows. Btw Unlike some of you March is my favorite winter month. Spring and snow at the same time. Maybe with all the blocking we’ve had it decides to revisit one more time during bowling season and we get some crazy closed off ULL. Heh I can dream

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Yea, I think models are way overhyping the low level cold. I bet This will end up being like one of those half hour glaze to rainers. Far nw who knows. Btw Unlike some of you March is my favorite winter month. Spring and snow at the same time. Maybe with all the blocking we’ve had it decides to revisit one more time during bowling season and we get some crazy closed off ULL. Heh I can dream

Agree. Nothing is stopping this from going north. The dreams of 94 are not going to happen. This will be like the  February 2011 cutter that ended the snowy pattern 

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

In fact in fantasy land the gfs/Gefs has had a few runs showing an east based block. Like this...maybe one of these vorts is able to dig far enough south. 

5AB330DD-B5D8-4D14-977C-369ECD36AB9F.png

6 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Agree. Nothing is stopping this from going north. The dreams of 94 are not going to happen. This will be like the  February 2011 cutter that ended the snowy pattern 

We are just overlooking 2014? That knocked my power out for five days. It was a combination of wet snow a few days earlier, then freezing rain. You couldn't drive five minutes in Mont. Co without seeing downed trees.

6z icon stronger confluence, colder than 0z, nasty ice storm, temps low 20's duration of storm PHL N&W.  Trough is more amped though so if that confluence weakens as 0z depicts that LL cold gets scoured quick.

That low 20’s/teen’s snow/ice storm is becoming a pipe dream.... last 3 euro runs 

still think it’s an ice threat, but we have to see where and how this trends.. it just may not be as cold as it looked the other day. 

DC9588EF-97E7-4E1B-BB86-D252CCD80AC0.png

8142ACB3-3B66-4CB4-8BF8-899D09B805A1.png

D9F24D77-4B84-4F07-9F2A-D09E86BBEF77.png