Winter Storm Threats V (5 days and beyond)

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m checked in at the airport guys

Well guys it looks like it’s over. This year was an epic blast. Highs, lows, and in between. I’ll pop my head in and out if a cane comes close, and keep ya guys posted on my move to Worcester (pm me i

Hey guys I’m 100% going now “. Found an amwx poster who is also there to room with cut down on cost. Headed to Estes I’ll post pics/vids. I’m still trying to figure out if I’ll be able to get a Lyft f

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

close call on the GFS. One of those shortwaves where the base gets dragged, and then kind of tilts back positive/neg Nice hit VA verbatim 

gfs.png

Not a bad place for us to be from this far out. It's nice to have something to track after Monday, aside from melting snow.

13 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

close call on the GFS. One of those shortwaves where the base gets dragged, and then kind of tilts back positive/neg Nice hit VA verbatim 

gfs.png

So what's going through the minds of the DC snow weenies!  More torture

• Like 1

Looking for ensemble support at this range, otherwise the OP runs are just eye candy.  But, more winning...current event isn't even over, we've got another short term thread up for Monday, and tracking something day 7.  This February just keeps on giving.

2 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Screenshot_2021-02-19 19831016 webp (WEBP Image, 600 × 406 pixels).png

Lol.

Like I said before, anyone who is not in DC/Central/Southern Delmarva who complains about this month regardless of the outcome of this system.  I can't help you.  Neither can any legal or not so legal pharmaceutical company. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NJHurricane said:

Man it would be nice to have a nice solid region wide warning level event without any crazy cutoffs or meh zones.  Would really put the icing on the cake.

So basically this one doesnt have a great antecedent cold air mass. What does the job on some of the models is the shortwave becomes positive and some energy runs out ahead and dampens the heights while a HP quickly builds in. If enough energy can turn the corner at the base of the trough this could be a decent setup for southern sections for once. Then again we're so far out this could be a mirage. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Icon not quite giving up, need euro to start showing something similar.

54B805B6-AFA0-437A-9B40-E4B375F5E918.png

I think as long as the storm is in the area, nothing really “needs” to show anything this far out. Euro hasn’t really been locked in like it has in past years. 

Euro Day 5 looks good to me: AO-, NAO-, WC ridging, 50/50. Have strong wave in SW, and northern stream bringing fresh cold to NE. Depends on how strong the wave is, anywhere from Carolinas north has a shot. My ideal scenario keeps this a NC/Va threat for a while and shifts it north in last day or two

ecmwf_z500a_namer_6.png

• Like 7