2/13-2/14 Icy Mess(?) For Valentine's Day. Have A Heart, Make It Snow.

14 minutes ago, mweav067 said:

Any suggestions on when it would start in central to northern Berks? Basically following Route 61 north from Reading.

I would say mid afternoon.  I am giving you toward the faster time on the models because the alternative would not be good.

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, so on that particular graphic the "column" supports snow within the purple square if it is precipitating. Then between the two yellow bars is where warm air sneaks in aloft melting snowflakes and

UNHAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

I like the lights coming on when I flip the switch.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.1 said:

I would say mid afternoon.  I am giving you toward the faster time on the models because the alternative would not be good.

Thank you - I appreciate that and that's definitely preferred by me. My wife and I have some errands to run in the morning, but hope to be home and settled in for the weekend here in northern Berks no later than 12:30 PM or so.

I'm worried about salt chewing up our sidewalk and driveway, but from following this thread I'm guessing we should pick up a bag just to be safe. 

1 hour ago, Sublimation said:

Just picked-up a new term in the My Holly 4:01 PM AFD... "hydrometeors"... Apparently a fancy term for melted snow before it reaches the ground as rain. (Might apply to plain rain too) I love it.... can't wait for those summer thunderstorms with all the hydrometeors pelting down. Sounds cool, beats calling it "heavy rain".

• Like 2

And, Tony, correct me if wrong, but and advisory would be pro forma (I had to find some use for two years of Latin) for even a "trace" of freezing rain, correct? Warning for PHL would be 0.25. You happen to recall the last major freezing-rain event? I recall that the one in February 2014 knocked out power to close to 600,000, but that came within 18 hours of heavy snow, and all that weight is what did in the limbs. I always considered that one event. 

30 minutes ago, Sublimation said:

And, Tony, correct me if wrong, but and advisory would be pro forma (I had to find some use for two years of Latin) for even a "trace" of freezing rain, correct? Warning for PHL would be 0.25. You happen to recall the last major freezing-rain event? I recall that the one in February 2014 knocked out power to close to 600,000, but that came within 18 hours of heavy snow, and all that weight is what did in the limbs. I always considered that one event. 

Correct.  That is the last one I remember.

Edit: I did a Stormdata search on Ice Storms (Montgomery County) and that (Feb 2014) was the latest one to appear. 

14 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Looks like we may escape this one wrt Ice, DE could have some issues though

I’m glad it’s moving out overnight though. I drive home from Rehoboth  Sunday late morning. Hoping roads are good by then. !

10 hours ago, irishbri74 said:

I’m glad it’s moving out overnight though. I drive home from Rehoboth  Sunday late morning. Hoping roads are good by then. !

DE the bullseye per wpc

day1_pice_gt_25.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1