The HeimBo Storm Obs 1/31 - 2/2

Steady moderate snow continues in Haddon Heights, NJ. We had similar rates most of the night just east of Philadelphia- and have "nickled and dined" our way to roughly 8.5 inches (compacted).  I was surprised at the several inches we accumulated last night...I will remember this one for its duration and persistence. I recall the "Blizzard of 96" was of particularly long duration- this one may top it (although certainly not for accumulation) in terms of its non-stop wintry precipitation duration- I've not observed it stop once here.  Keeps the mood going! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely might be the hardest snow I've ever seen

I’m no photographer but couldn’t help but try and take some pics of these awesome dendrites. 

Posted Images

Continues to snow steadily here in East Nantmeal Twp in NW Chesco. We have picked up another 1.0" of snow since 6am. Total since midnight now 2.5". Storm total now up to 16.1" this is the biggest snow event in Western Chester County since the 26.0" that fell on 1/23/16. We have also tied the totals from the Blizzard of 1993 for the 22nd largest snowstorm in Chester County history back to 1894

After some compaction this morning, I measured 18".  The snowboard is somewhere in the barn and I didn't put it out last night.  Took this shot last night around 11 after shoveling the walk. About 7" fell after this shot.

IMG_2077.JPG.a94aba9902789be02d2538294c962c90.JPG

• Like 10
2 hours ago, rramblings said:

As of 9 pm on Feb 1, 14.7” in the Flemington area of Hunterdon County. Some sleet and rain for about three hours on Monday afternoon kept snow totals down in my little corner. @frankdp23, how did you make out? 

I had 18" yesterday, and 2" more overnight.  For that first part, the mix line was about as close as it could come to me (it must have been less than 2 miles south of me when looking at radarscope).  Then around 1:30 the sleet came.  I didn't see any rain.  

• Like 1

So, I'm at a total of 10" so far.
3.3" yesterday morning, 2.5" measured when I got home from work, 2" around 9:30pm, 
and another 2.2" this morning at 6:00. Heck of a way to get to double digits.
Snow got very wet last night - sticking to everything.
Looks really nice!

1 minute ago, Qtown Snow said:

Congrats to ALL!!!

We needed this one since the ledge was getting crowded!

Sorry for the ones that jumped ;)

Too late for a rescue party to be sent to bring them out of the gorge. Its now a recovery mission.  🙄

• Like 1

Congrats to the jackpot crew to north, just an epic band yesterday morning. For the metro crew, while tensions were high during never ending sleetfest & interventions immanent I think the vast majority are happy with the end result. 

Never gets old, the hood looks great this morning.

20210202_085952.jpg.2bcfe458ab907d094a644cec8fe7acb0.jpg

20210202_085456.jpg.0b89d7d88951757e9dac66ad54628d28.jpg

20210202_085154.jpg.50fbdb827f7b759841a88ad37ea01050.jpg

• Like 13
1 hour ago, PippensMcGee said:

Can't believe it's still snowing in South Philadelphia (light as it is). Want to echo others and offer my many thanks to the regulars on this board who provide both information and entertainment! It's been a pleasure to read along as you track(ed) the storm. (maybe not always a pleasure--frustrating sometimes depending on what the models were saying!)

Any estimate on accumulations for your area?

Well, did t jackpot, and didn’t get any real super heavy bursts of snows or ++sn, but the duration has been impressive. Congrats to all who got their fill of snow, we can’t all be winners though! 

thanks for making the Moderator job easy, everything went pretty smooth, so thank you! 

• Like 2