The HeimBo Storm Obs 1/31 - 2/2

9 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Warnings extended for sepa through 4p tomorrow. Additional 4-8” Expected, light accumulations tomorrow 

Went and checked right after you posted this and you're right - was under the impression this would probably be wrapped up by tomorrow morning. 

Are the models showing something different?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely might be the hardest snow I've ever seen

I’m no photographer but couldn’t help but try and take some pics of these awesome dendrites. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mweav067 said:

Went and checked right after you posted this and you're right - was under the impression this would probably be wrapped up by tomorrow morning. 

Are the models showing something different?

Looks like it

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_35.png

Manheim (about 20 miles WNW of me) just passed a foot accumulation, absolutely ripping out there.  Looks like it is ripping in and around the city too.  Very light snow here, and we've barely passed 5.5".  

56 minutes ago, ezweather said:

Watching the snow out there.  It really picked up and the wind has as well.  Nice heavier band over Philly and into Camden and Gloucester counties.  So, its look really good now.  Yep we had the lull, but now back in business.  

It was coming down pretty well here in Gloucester Co!

Being able to have enough snow on the ground to build a snowman with the kids while it continued snowing is a win in my book.

Although I definitely wouldn't mind another few inches to fall... or 20.

As of 5 PM, snowing steadily in Spring Mount, PA (yay, it finally changed fully to all snow in the past hour) with a temp of 29 degrees. Latest measurement shows the total snow & sleet for the event now stands at 8.6 inches.

Just measured 2" flat since the changeover here in center city.  That makes a total of 5" flat so far in Philly:  2.7" of mixed sleet and snow as of 8 AM today, plus .3" of additional sleet during the day, plus 2" of snow on top.  Thinking we'll hit our 6" low end, and hopefully then some! 

6 minutes ago, Rojojojo said:

Just measured 2" flat since the changeover here in center city.  That makes a total of 5" flat so far in Philly:  2.7" of mixed sleet and snow as of 8 AM today, plus .3" of additional sleet during the day, plus 2" of snow on top.  Thinking we'll hit our 6" low end, and hopefully then some! 

Oh, I am counting on you. No pressure, no pressure at all.  ;)

lala.JPG.ce1f15389497d6f09db33dd36f7a2b62.JPG

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Rockchops said:

I'm in the dry slot and there's moderate snow with pretty puffy flakes coming down. I suppose I'm right on the edge, Media/Upper providence area.

It's funny you say that, I've seen the same thing out here.  Moderate snow with really nice flakes, despite zero radar returns.  Wonder why that is?

Measured when I got home from work around 4:30 and had 2.5" on the board.
Add that to the 3.3" from last nights snow/sleet and that puts me at 5.8" so far.
Coming down decently now, so hopefully will be able to get to/or near double digits.