The HeimBo Storm Obs 1/31 - 2/2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely might be the hardest snow I've ever seen

I’m no photographer but couldn’t help but try and take some pics of these awesome dendrites. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

RAD_KDIX_NCR_ANI (19).gif

Longtime lurker here in South Philadelphia. Looks like that dry slot is headed straight for Philadelphia? Any idea how long that will last/how big an impact it will have? Or am I reading things wrong? Though I love to lurk and read what you are all saying about storms over the years, I'm still a total noob.

1 minute ago, mshaffer526 said:

We were always supposed to have to wait until noon/early afternoon, right? We still have time.

Holding out hope here, 12ish miles SSE of KPHL.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Birdtown2 said:

Here also would be our 1 inch per hour rates. 

Going to be honest, it's pretty frustrating. Sleet definitely picked up up here and is just pelting the house - making it hard to focus on work.

5 minutes ago, PippensMcGee said:

Longtime lurker here in South Philadelphia. Looks like that dry slot is headed straight for Philadelphia? Any idea how long that will last/how big an impact it will have? Or am I reading things wrong? Though I love to lurk and read what you are all saying about storms over the years, I'm still a total noob.

It's going to pivot, the question is when/where. The SNJ dry spot COULD simply stay there and have banding wrap around it as the system moves slowly eastward. Those backend bands are going to be mostly all snow as they come through (which is what NEPA/NNJ is experiencing now). I think it still has a bit to go before the bands swing south, but wouldn't be surprised to see a good thump as it does. You can see the very top bands near NYC already starting to trend WSW.

7 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

I didn't understand the import of his comment regarding the deformation band. Did you? 

Not fully of course, but the jist is that the south and west side will benefit from deformation since we will miss the best fgen. Deformation occurs when winds converge west of low and cause upward motion.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Robnj88 said:

oddly enough - even in the very precip down here - there is more snow falling than anything else. Again - very light but

Yep, I am getting light snow right now too.

Radar is anemic though so I'm surprised we're getting much of anything here.