Winter Storm Threats IV (5 days and beyond)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take a spin

Heisi's phone by 8am every day:  

You must be new here 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

One thing to watch out for and maybe something to cheer for. Tuesday system, stronger that becomes the more cold push you get behind it. 

12z Euro is colder for Thursday an 0z.

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

One thing to watch out for and maybe something to cheer for. Tuesday system, stronger that becomes the more cold push you get behind it. 

Don’t think that’s going to do anything. If the s/w wants to phase with the TPV it doesn’t matter how cold it gets behind the first wave.

18 minutes ago, daniel said:

Don’t think that’s going to do anything. If the s/w wants to phase with the TPV it doesn’t matter how cold it gets behind the first wave.

I agree with you, but I think it could help extend the front end and maybe tug the tpv east a bit.

18z icon looks like a decent hit

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Yea, I mean if anything phases with tpv its going west. If iot doesn't though, that colder push will help

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Just be careful with the look on Thursday, def a nice man high there but that can go to BGM quickly

The front end? I would think that’s a lock for us with that man high. 

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

The front end? I would think that’s a lock for us with that man high. 

Yes it could. Just comes down to tpv positioning. If it's more consolidated out west instead of elongating then the waa precip could get aimed more north of us. Today was a better op run of elongating it. Not saying it's likely, but this isn't a slam dunk IMO.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

18z gfs op has 40 inches for Philly the next two weeks lol 

That huge event towards day 10-12 is the one I’ve been eyeing for the end of the pattern event. Hopefully it has a better trough axis than op euro had