And your next Philadelphia Eagles head coach will be....

Look at the Cap hit they take -

Colts acquired Carson Wentz from the Eagles in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and conditional 2022 second-round pick.

The conditional second-rounder becomes a first-round pick if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps or 70 percent and the team makes the playoffs. The Eagles will also take on $33.8 million in dead-money cap penalties, the largest number in league history for one player.

Meanwhile, the biggest issue on the team is still running things. 

I'm not impressed with Hurts, but I don't imagine any of the top 3 QB's being there at #6 (and I'm not convinced Fields can be a franchise QB honestly) so the best hope is for Devonta Smith falling to #6 and Howie not screwing it up even though he probably will.

1 minute ago, mweav067 said:

Meanwhile, the biggest issue on the team is still running things. 

I'm not impressed with Hurts, but I don't imagine any of the top 3 QB's being there at #6 (and I'm not convinced Fields can be a franchise QB honestly) so the best hope is for Devonta Smith falling to #6 and Howie not screwing it up even though he probably will.

I agree Howie is a huge problem, but I would rather them take Patrick Surtain Jr or the WR from LSU (Jamar Chase) before Smith.  His size scares me

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/carson-wentz-trade-howie-roseman-chris-ballard-draft-picks-20210220.html

"Maybe it wasn’t even the vagaries of fate: an incomplete pass in the end zone in the divisional round, an opposing quarterback named Case Keenum in the championship game, a complacent and dysfunctional rival on Super Bowl Sunday."

That & the Eagles had the easiest schedule in the NFC East that season. Don't get me wrong they had an excellent very balanced offense & a defense that did play well at home but many things broke their way. Just look at the weather for the ATL playoff game, it was in the 60's very early on game day but by the time kickoff rolled around temps were falling thru the 20's with wind gusting over 30mph. A death sentence for a dome team with a pass heavy offense.

Wentz certainly shares a portion of blame with regards to the whole saga however this drumbeat by most of the fanbase that he has sucked since 2017 is nonsense. He played well in 9 of his 11 games in 2018 & in 2019 nearly single handily carried the team to the playoffs with a compilation of crash test dummies at WR. The whole 2020 Wentz train wreck was created by the ridiculous Hurts draft pick, there were so many glaring needs it made no sense spend a high draft pick on a QB when you paid Wentz $100M.

Lurie looking more & more like another Jerry Jones.

• 1 month later...