Winter storm threats (day 5 and beyond) II

I like the medium to long range look and this storm (tues/wed) I suspect will end up not too far from what is modeled on today's 0z Euro - typical climo with Snow to rain in the cities with Snow to IP/ZR N and W with 3" to 6" city and 4" to 8" N and W - kind of like the old days of my youth!

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since he has no image in his avatar I vote for this:

Are we still talking about weather?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chescopawxman said:

I like the medium to long range look and this storm (tues/wed) I suspect will end up not too far from what is modeled on today's 0z Euro - typical climo with Snow to rain in the cities with Snow to IP/ZR N and W with 3" to 6" city and 4" to 8" N and W - kind of like the old days of my youth!

It's funny, I was just thinking the same thing.  I remember being instructed to put one pair of socks on, then bread wrappers over them, then another pair of socks.  Yes, my mom saved bread wrappers to keep my feet dry, LOL..

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

12z gfs vs 00z euro look at differences with NS shortwave 

2A535F7B-F6DA-4EE1-8DCC-480FB998831E.png

E6F80CFD-2B00-44A8-BC65-95CDF6A9D976.png

It’s not just that. The euro is a good bit stronger with southern vort which pumps hgts out ahead. Gfs is just flat with it 

As long as the gfs has a storm that’s going off hse I’m fine. It’s the ggem I want to see. If that loses it in then that wouldnt be good 

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

As HM said on twitter with so much noise it could very well be zzzzzz next week 

Yup, I said it 2 or so days ago so many damn short waves competing 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Yup, I said it 2 or so days ago so many damn short waves competing 

A sustained PNA would certainly help quell the Pac firehose.  

• Like 1

I say this in all sincerity. For 95 SE, the models are more or less consistently not showing any significant snow accumulation.

For other areas, there perhaps are other possibilities. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

A sustained PNA would certainly help quell the Pac firehose.  

Yup that’s not allowing anything to amplify either or bring cold south. But Shawn you have a neg nao

20 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

12z cmc looks like a non phase. Northern branch will crush it imo even though southern branch looks fine. This event is annoying

1C3876CD-3A37-4ADB-A473-4079A9C067FD.png

Off OBX and sliding out.

Can’t declare anything  yet when models are shifting features 500-1000 miles each run. Going from a storm to no storm. Till there is consistency there is no definite yet 

• Like 1
  • tombo82685 locked and unpinned this topic