12/16 Susquayawner or Susquabomber Winter Storm II

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks and feels like snow out here in Amish Country. High clouds streaming in. First signs in the sky. 

This Is my view at the motel I booked. I’m stoked!!!!

Btw, this is for those talking about the 36hr hrrr

Posted Images

Well if it can't snow in your area, then the next best thing is hunt around for live feeds to track the storm.  That will be my plane to make tracking the storm even more interesting. 

https://www.511pa.com/default.aspx

They offer some live feeds.  So, I'll be hunting around checking that out as well as what other folks post tomorrow into Thursday morning.  

OK, Ladies and gentlemens! The dealer is calling "Banco, Banco -- all bets down before the wheel spins!"

We're roughly 36 hours from the end of the coming storm. If you had to bet right now, by Thurs. morning which model will be seen to have called it right? Consider everything -- timing, duration, depth at your location, changes mid-storm (rain, sleet, dry slot, etc.)

Where's your money? Who do you trust? (Or what hoo-doo do you trust...)

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I have a headache. We are less than 24hrs away. NAM has the low at ocmd, euro has it at balt lol

At this point, frankly, its nowcasting and watching the obs.  Models can only go so far.  Amazed how thing are all over the place.  What if things trended back to what we thought.  We'll see which model performed the best and worst for this one.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Maybe the poconos NE pa better than Williamsport. This is the annoying part about chasing I’m never satisfied and have to live and die with each trend

The NAMs must drive you crazy - 3k says go to Harrisburgh

32 minutes ago, CameronCat said:

OK, Ladies and gentlemens! The dealer is calling "Banco, Banco -- all bets down before the wheel spins!"

We're roughly 36 hours from the end of the coming storm. If you had to bet right now, by Thurs. morning which model will be seen to have called it right? Consider everything -- timing, duration, depth at your location, changes mid-storm (rain, sleet, dry slot, etc.)

Where's your money? Who do you trust? (Or what hoo-doo do you trust...)

Thanks!

I trust my 40 yrs of following SE PA winter storm/snow wishing. My theory exceeds every BS computer output.. Prepare to be disappointed, be surprised with abundance. It’s not complicated. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

The NAMs must drive you crazy - 3k says go to Harrisburgh

Absolutely brutal. Ruins the fun for me honestly. Makes it so hard. What happens is I’ll get 18” and end up pissed off I didn’t get 26 by not choosing place x. At least with the start time I get to decide in the morning 

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Absolutely brutal. Ruins the fun for me honestly. Makes it so hard. What happens is I’ll get 18” and end up pissed off I didn’t get 26 by not choosing place x. At least with the start time I get to decide in the morning 

If you’re disappointed with 18” vs 26” I suggest you stay home and play video games. 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, White_Mtn_Wx said:

If you’re disappointed with 18” vs 26” I suggest you stay home and play video games. 

Haha I’m not saying it like that. What I mean is the chase of the Max strip makes it very difficult so when I miss it I end up being more pissed about that than missing it. I found a radisson in Lackawanna too. Trying to find a good spot in poconos and up that area. Trying to get in that pivot nomsayin’

rgem didn't look like much snow for the city, maybe 1-3? I78 on north cleans up, colder up there. But it's surface low track is no where near the nam brothers, it's closer to the euro with up the ches bay. It is cold though, gets like 15 miles outside of i95 and its mainly a peltfest