Jump to content

Tempest Weather System by Weatherflow? Anyone have one - thoughts??


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tempest arrived today!  Temporarily set on top of the pergola—a little higher than where it will be permanently.  public link: https://tempestwx.com/station/38556/ Now for 7 days of dry, une

End result. About $15 total  

Peer pressure got to me.  Just ordered this as my first ever WX station.  

Posted Images

As I mentioned previously, I’ve had one for about a month now and love it!!! The rain is a bit high so far but they have a system where it adjusts about 24 hours later and with its AI it calibrates so within a couple of months apparently becomes increasingly accurate and will deliver forecasts specific to your back yard.

Amazingly cool system and they’re doing some type of BOGO now!

I’m waiting til the off the grid version is released to buy another one for my Maine home! 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

As I mentioned previously, I’ve had one for about a month now and love it!!! The rain is a bit high so far but they have a system where it adjusts about 24 hours later and with its AI it calibrates so within a couple of months apparently becomes increasingly accurate and will deliver forecasts specific to your back yard.

Amazingly cool system and they’re doing some type of BOGO now!

I’m waiting til the off the grid version is released to buy another one for my Maine home! 

 

 

Thanks snow!! Where did you place it? How did you mount it? Thanks!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

As I mentioned previously, I’ve had one for about a month now and love it!!! The rain is a bit high so far but they have a system where it adjusts about 24 hours later and with its AI it calibrates so within a couple of months apparently becomes increasingly accurate and will deliver forecasts specific to your back yard.

Amazingly cool system and they’re doing some type of BOGO now!

I’m waiting til the off the grid version is released to buy another one for my Maine home! 

 

 

Does it use the EURO for the basis of the forecast? I will be interested to see how this will compare to my WXSIM program.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Temporarily placed in the middle of my backyard, mounted atop a standard steel antenna pole (pounded into the ground) at about 5’. 

It does incorporate the euro into its forecasting algorithms but also uses my and other nearby units to develop hyper local forecasts! There are already a huge number of these units in place...A lot of detailed info on their website as to how this also works. Also, the Alexa reporting is a pretty cool feature!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parsley said:

Think I want.

What's the shipping price?

Free shipping!

 

Just ordered mine. With the hand held device. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Merry Christmas to me. 🌭 🎅

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parsley said:

Free shipping!

 

Just ordered mine. With the hand held device. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Merry Christmas to me. 🌭 🎅

AWESOME...

Easy to mount with standard antenna pole and mounting brackets from Amazon!

Enjoy and MERRY CHRISTMAS‼️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Interesting - How is the wifi range - need 100+ yards to get a flat open spot

 

 

I don’t have far to go, but I feel like these range distances they proclaim are always over exaggerated with things like this (or security systems with Hubs like Arlo). 

77838256-5D54-42AA-9446-A820B2082FE7.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snowwors2 said:

AWESOME...

Easy to mount with standard antenna pole and mounting brackets from Amazon!

Enjoy and MERRY CHRISTMAS‼️

Thanks. Already watched a few videos on YouTube regarding set up and mountings. We’ll see how it goes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered it arriving on Thursday - free shipping w/Amazon - My Christmas Gift to me! - will compare it to my other 2 stations and see how it works. Plus interested to see how the IMBY forecast will compare and contrast to the old WXSIM?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Once set up, it takes a short bit to “acclimate” and apparently 60 days or so for the backyard forecasts to become more accurate. So far,The forecasts are icon/short text with no long text output forecast (such as WXSIM)...Don’t know if that will change?

Temp, humidity, pressure, wind speed/direction spot on and as mentioned before the rain does seem to register high but self corrects within 24 hours based on comparison with other nearby units. I believe I also read that their tech support can calibrate unit remotely!?

Just a very simple, all in one unit with some added whistles like UV, solar radiation, lightning etc!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Once set up, it takes a short bit to “acclimate” and apparently 60 days or so for the backyard forecasts to become more accurate. So far,The forecasts are icon/short text with no long text output forecast (such as WXSIM)...Don’t know if that will change?

Temp, humidity, pressure, wind speed/direction spot on and as mentioned before the rain does seem to register high but self corrects within 24 hours based on comparison with other nearby units. I believe I also read that their tech support can calibrate unit remotely!?

Just a very simple, all in one unit with some added whistles like UV, solar radiation, lightning etc!

Sounds good. Looking forward to having all the info. on the phone app. I'm not expecting perfection, but it has a nice clean look to it and if it performs well with obs. I'll be happy (don't care as much about the forecasts it puts out).

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Curious to see how it works for you guys. If good reviews whenever my Davis craps out maybe I’ll look into it

I feel like Davis owners will see it as a step down in accuracy, etc. 

Davis is basically cream of the crop. Figured I'd give this one a shot and if it doesn't do the job I go all out on the Davis down the road some. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parsley said:

I feel like Davis owners will see it as a step down in accuracy, etc. 

Davis is basically cream of the crop. Figured I'd give this one a shot and if it doesn't do the job I go all out on the Davis down the road some. 

For less than 100$ you could have a wireless Davis station 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Parsley said:

I hear ya. I've had stations in the $100-150 range. Wanted to try something new. 

Well if the tempest doesn’t wet your whistle Davis vantage pro wireless you can get for 440$

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tombo82685 said:

Well if the tempest doesn’t wet your whistle Davis vantage pro wireless you can get for 440$

Sounds good. I can always pass this one off to my father in law as I’ve turned him into somewhat of a weather enthusiast. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...