Winter meltdown thread

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My snowman had already tapped out. 

Gotta give it to @Allsnowwhen he melts, he goes all in like butter in the hot sun 

Looking for some reverse jinx action, so I put this up (awesome Xmas present).   

Posted Images

Just now, eastonwx said:

What I would give for a good ol' clipper right now...

I hear ya.

Instead of of hunting one big storm. I'd gladly take 2-3 clippers spaced out over a few weeks and consider it a success.

• Like 4

25 years ago today, it started. We had 34" in Gilbertsville by the end of it. Hope springs eternal that we'll see a shadow of it in the not too distant future.

blizzard.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Qtown Snow said:

Will 12/17/20 be the largest snowfall for the area this season?

It was a nice storm. As I said above sign me up for a handful of 3-6 inch snow events and I'm good for 2021.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Parsley said:

It was a nice storm. As I said above sign me up for a handful of 3-6 inch snow events and I'm good for 2021.

Yup.  I think you and I talked about this a couple of years ago.  If I had a choice between several 3-6" snow events, or one massive snowstorm, I'll take the moderate events any day.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Yup.  I think you and I talked about this a couple of years ago.  If I had a choice between several 3-6" snow events, or one massive snowstorm, I'll take the moderate events any day.  

Yup. And especially during this long, miserable month. Sign me up for 2-4" events once a week in January and I'd be happy. Probably would keep the ground white much of the month too. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Yup. And especially during this long, miserable month. Sign me up for 2-4" events once a week in January and I'd be happy. Probably would keep the ground white much of the month too. 

I'm with you on this.  While I would never say no to a KU obviously, many small/moderate events means it is cold and active.  To track one event for a season is kind of boring overall.  

• Like 1

I'm another who would take 2-4" each week as long as there was a nice base and cold weather in place. Continuous cross-country skiing! Don't get me wrong, I love the KU events as well, but give me the constant snowpack for skiing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Shawn is getting to the breaking point. I can just feel it. He has one foot over the ledge balancing on the other foot

Kinda feels like this every 6 hours. 

tenor.gif

• Like 4
2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Shawn is getting to the breaking point. I can just feel it. He has one foot over the ledge balancing on the other foot

He's fully invested every day to the models.....poor guy should just take a break for a few days. I appreciate all the posts you guys make in the other thread. Less work for me to see when things are not going well. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

To cheer him up

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

We are about to kick the can on a entire month of winter....

Thank goodness for the December storm.  It has been extremely boring with little to nothing to track.  The most entertaining thing is your back and forth with a certain poster at another place.  😄

• Like 1
Just now, frankdp23 said:

Thank goodness for the December storm.  It has been extremely boring with little to nothing to track.  The most entertaining thing is your back and forth with a certain poster at another place.  😄

Haha. 😉 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

I think I know who you're talking about. I had a few runs with him a couple years ago 

• Like 2