Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Mundane Weather Discussion

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some pics from the long PD weekend up in the Poconos, we don't go every year but the last several trips back to 2012 were pathetic snowfall wise, was nice to have a very healthy snowpack this year

Beautiful crisp morning in West Caln! #hoarfrost

Taken from the space station today!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, birddog said:

How are we looking for Friday? I have a pool install scheduled pending weather? Showers or a washout? Thanks in advance.

Like last night and this morning, the models are struggling big time. Looks like scattered showers at best, although a narrow swath could again have a period of steadier rain. 

Main rain threat appears Sunday at this time.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Like last night and this morning, the models are struggling big time. Looks like scattered showers at best, although a narrow swath could again have a period of steadier rain. 

Main rain threat appears Sunday at this time.

Thanks, I can deal with showers, but I don't need anymore mudpits.

34 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

1.53" - summer-like electrical storm around 2 am - multiple close strikes/brief small hail

Screenshot_2021-04-10 Tempest.png

Wow! Saw the lighting detection alerts on my tempest when I woke up. Only 0.02" up this way.

20 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Wow! Saw the lighting detection alerts on my tempest when I woke up. Only 0.02" up this way.

Tempest had a good night: 1.53" gauge, 1.53" tempest.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Yeah that's impressive. Only 0.04" here and I'm much closer to Chubbs. 

Quite the difference between here and Southern Chesco - only .02" here. Little bit of sun and DPs up in the upper 50's now - also seeing some fog starting to roll in off the chilly ocean down the shore in SIC

Backyard.20210410_155703605.jpg

SICHi.20210410_155805271.jpg

Bit warm for a fire pit, but its fun burning all the branches from my birch tree that came down from the snow storms this year. 

20210410_192516.jpg

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Bit warm for a fire pit, but its fun burning all the branches from my birch tree that came down from the snow storms this year. 

20210410_192516.jpg

20210410_193326.jpg

• Like 3

Lower Bucks marine shank special today, 56 degrees currently dropping steadily from the early afternoon high of 60 degrees. It's a raw 56 with a stiff east wind.

12-13 degrees cooler than PHL

0.72" in the CoCo bucket, best Tempest performance since I got it in DEC - 0.76".

Forecast a couple days ago was low 70's for today. Constant drizzle & showers didn't provide the afternoon break that was also talked about.

Only 0.59" here in NW Chesco but far enough inland to get our temps up to 65.2 on the Davis VP and 65.5 on the Tempest. Marine issues kept SIC down the shore in the 50's all day with some more fog rolling in as is often the case in April on the beaches of SJ

Backyard.20210411_182139188.jpg

SICHi.20210411_182132698.jpg