Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Mundane Weather Discussion

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some pics from the long PD weekend up in the Poconos, we don't go every year but the last several trips back to 2012 were pathetic snowfall wise, was nice to have a very healthy snowpack this year

Beautiful crisp morning in West Caln! #hoarfrost

Went very well this morning. 1:42:30. Broke my previous half time by 13 minutes (I've only done three official runs, in fairness ūüėé) ¬†

Posted Images

1.77" in the gauge, a little over 2.00" on the Ambient.  Ambient always overreads rain.

Had four yards of mulch delivered this morning and had it distributed around the house in about 1 hour, 45 minutes.  I'm beat.

• Like 2

Taking a look at meteorological winter...

Lowest temperature was recorded on February 21 (8.4 degrees)

Highest temperature was recorded on Christmas Day (of course) at 61.3 degrees.

That also coincided with the heaviest rain all winter (Christmas Eve into Christmas morning)

Thick low clouds, damp, forecast temps busting a good 10 degrees too high -- this is the kind of Philadelphia spring day I expect.  This March has been so nice, though, that I'm not even mad. 

9 minutes ago, Rojojojo said:

Thick low clouds, damp, forecast temps busting a good 10 degrees too high -- this is the kind of Philadelphia spring day I expect.  This March has been so nice, though, that I'm not even mad. 

Yeah, we were due for a day like this. Tomorrow afternoon will make up for today. Saturday looking nice too.

Still quarantining (after my Phillies spring training trip) down the shore for the last week waiting for my negative test to go home. Has been a chilly foggy week down in SIC. Sunny today but can see the fog bank just off shore - S wind is fighting it off for now temp almost touched 60 earlier. While back in East Nantmeal low 70's

SicHi.20210326_111514984.jpg

Backyard.20210326_111523382.jpg

76.3 in Gap.  The DP hit a high of 67 about an hour ago and has been crashing hard, down to 59 already.  House is opened up and feeling damn good.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Had four yards of mulch delivered this morning and had it distributed around the house in about 1 hour, 45 minutes.  I'm beat.

Impressive! I need to put my order in soon. Looking forward to it.

For Philadelphia over the entire period  of record the average date of the 1st 80 degree day is 4/20. Since 2000 that date is 4/10. 

The earliest date is 3/8/2000, begging for another redo of that summer. The latest date is 5/20/1984.

We go from one of the latest dates last year to possibly one of the earlier ones today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Impressive! I need to put my order in soon. Looking forward to it.

I actually forgot how much I enjoy laying mulch. It's so satisfying to look at when you're done.

• Like 1

Went out to Amish Country to enjoy the beautiful weather today. Winds were intense with larger branches down on several roads en route.

78.6 IMBY. 

E11AACB0-92DA-4037-9707-AA2C37BD836A.jpeg

• Like 3

High of 73F. Noted the wind but no wind gage. But some gusts high enough do entire trees swayed. Tree down down the street. Heard that power lines were down on Rte 523 in Whitehouse Sta. Scattered outages.