Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Mundane Weather Discussion

No snow flurries, but I a may have been busy and not paying attention, LOL. I have a tiny patch of snow in the front in the shade under my trees. And a small pile near my front walk from where my carpenter shoveled off the front of my roof, that and shoveling the walk.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some pics from the long PD weekend up in the Poconos, we don't go every year but the last several trips back to 2012 were pathetic snowfall wise, was nice to have a very healthy snowpack this year

Beautiful crisp morning in West Caln! #hoarfrost

Went very well this morning. 1:42:30. Broke my previous half time by 13 minutes (I've only done three official runs, in fairness 😎)  

Posted Images

Per wife, had a snow shower this morning, a sleet shower this afternoon.   Still a couple pathetic snow patches in the yard and some piles hanging.   No hurry to start mowing, brown grass is a good thing IMO.   BTW, 36 and very light drizzle.   14" at the Colebrook snow stake.

7 hours ago, MsHeatMiser said:

The sleet just by PTW this evening (pic taken at 6:20 pm) was conical shaped. I don’t recall ever seeing that before.

EF4D6349-062B-4541-AFC3-D81F5A816A3B.jpeg

Almost looks like graupel

• Like 1
14 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Heavy sleet in Oxford Valley, Rt 1 & Oxford Valley Rd, a few tenths covering all surfaces. 

A couple miles up the road mainly wet with a little windshield paste.

34 degrees

Local CoCo observer reported 0.2" this morning.

On 3/17/2021 at 8:58 AM, Rainshadow6.6 said:

The radar echoes looked convective.

Was on the soccer field when it came through Gloucester County--about a 4-5 minute burst of sleet/graupel/little bricks.  Actually HURT hitting exposed skin. 

16 minutes ago, Tiburon said:

Was on the soccer field when it came through Gloucester County--about a 4-5 minute burst of sleet/graupel/little bricks.  Actually HURT hitting exposed skin. 

I know the feeling.  I have walked backward on a few occasions.

Thankfully underachieved on this one. Got 0.82" out of it. Ground was squishy thanks to the melted snow before this event rolled through. 

Getting a new vinyl fence on Tuesday, I don't think they will have a problem digging holes, other than they might fill up with water.

• Like 1

0.91" 

Tempest still running a bit high at 1.01"

Perfect amount for the yard. A bit much at once for a time yesterday but doesn't look too bad out there this morning.

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

Thankfully underachieved on this one. Got 0.82" out of it. Ground was squishy thanks to the melted snow before this event rolled through. 

Getting a new vinyl fence on Tuesday, I don't think they will have a problem digging holes, other than they might fill up with water.

Relatively dry here - been cleaning/mulching the beds and the weeds need a good pull

• Like 1

Got jackpotted for once down here, figured that might happen after watching some training storms setting up around 2-4PM yesterday. Nice to see after the really dry March up until yesterday, and the numerous brush fires that had been happening over the past couple of weeks.

GetMap.png

By the way, nice bust on the rain to snow up in southern New England last night-this morning.

Good luck getting that to work out in late March most of the time.

Feel better @cbelke!

Did you have trouble finding someone to do your fence? I contacted 3 people, got 1 quote, another who contacted me once but haven't heard back from, and Home Depot has not even contacted me (been 3 days).

Ended up with 1.32" in both the cocorahs and the Davis Vue.

They brined the roads at some point last night. I'm guessing in anticipation on some snow or ice? I dunno.

27 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

Feel better @cbelke!

Did you have trouble finding someone to do your fence? I contacted 3 people, got 1 quote, another who contacted me once but haven't heard back from, and Home Depot has not even contacted me (been 3 days).

Ended up with 1.32" in both the cocorahs and the Davis Vue.

They brined the roads at some point last night. I'm guessing in anticipation on some snow or ice? I dunno.

Thanks!!  I went through six fence contractors before I settled on a larger fence supply company. Wood is more expensive than vinyl right now. Most of the contractors were trying to sell me the top grade of vinyl fence but it was WAY too expensive. Choose middle of the road with this one company since they had more than one option. We'll see what happens on Monday and Tuesday next week.

• Like 1