Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Mundane Weather Discussion

6 hours ago, Qtown Snow said:

Just now

_DSC3014.jpg

I’m left with about 50% of that...

Nearly a month and a half with snow on the ground...

When did that last happen⁉️ 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some pics from the long PD weekend up in the Poconos, we don't go every year but the last several trips back to 2012 were pathetic snowfall wise, was nice to have a very healthy snowpack this year

Beautiful crisp morning in West Caln! #hoarfrost

Went very well this morning. 1:42:30. Broke my previous half time by 13 minutes (I've only done three official runs, in fairness 😎)  

Posted Images

Still a few patches in the yard that will live another day as they are hardening up with the temperature at 30.

Looks like any remaining snow (except for a few huge parking lot piles) will be washed away by late week rain?

5 hours ago, eastonwx said:

Looks like any remaining snow (except for a few huge parking lot piles) will be washed away by late week rain?

The GFS ends the rain as snow your way on Friday.  Dr. No says No. That is all I got.  Did you see any snow today?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

The GFS ends the rain as snow your way on Friday.  Dr. No says No. That is all I got.  Did you see any snow today?

No, but cold. Low 30's with a DP of 16. Too dry I guess. 

*just saw someone posted some light flakes falling in Forks Twp. just south of me

So glad the whole month hasn't been like today. Already counting down the days til April. 2 more weeks to go.

33 minutes ago, PRINCETON ANGLER said:

Sounds a little crazy since it's mid March and we had all that snow in February, but it's dry out there and I'm looking forward to the rain later in the week.

Agreed. That 1-2 inch rain plus milder temps next week should bring the landscape to life. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Agreed. That 1-2 inch rain plus milder temps next week should bring the landscape to life. 

The grass is matted pretty good, but starting to see some green trying to poke through. Expect to see some buds starting next week as well. Just saw m/f bluebirds on my afternoon dog walk. Don't think they were too thrilled with 35F temps.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

The grass is matted pretty good, but starting to see some green trying to poke through. Expect to see some buds starting next week as well. Just saw m/f bluebirds on my afternoon dog walk. Don't think they were too thrilled with 35F temps.

Yeah, I lightly raked my grass after the snow melt. Had a bit of snow mold near the road where my biggest snow piles were, but it's gone now. Things are very brown/dormant other than wetter areas of yards where some greening has started.

Looking forward to a return of life in the yard.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Parsley said:

that would be mud , mush here, ground is still a tad soggy from snow melt

11 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

that would be mud , mush here, ground is still a tad soggy from snow melt

Bone dry here in the deserts of Gilly.