Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Mundane Weather Discussion

26 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Indeed our current warming cycle is clear...now when does the turn back for the cooling cycle start?

That is up to us. I am much more optimistic than I was 10 years ago due to progress in wind, solar and batteries. We have the technical and economic tools available to slow the warming to zero over several decades. Perhaps we can hold our own local warming to Richmond's old climate. Followed by centuries to recover.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some pics from the long PD weekend up in the Poconos, we don't go every year but the last several trips back to 2012 were pathetic snowfall wise, was nice to have a very healthy snowpack this year

Beautiful crisp morning in West Caln! #hoarfrost

Went very well this morning. 1:42:30. Broke my previous half time by 13 minutes (I've only done three official runs, in fairness 😎)  

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

That is up to us. I am much more optimistic than I was 10 years ago due to progress in wind, solar and batteries. We have the technical and economic tools available to slow the warming to zero over several decades. Perhaps we can hold our own local warming to Richmond's old climate. Followed by centuries to recover.

I am even more optimistic than you! call me positive Paul -the upcoming cooling cycle will prevent us from passing Richmond's old climate! I think the cooling later this decade will carry through the 2030's with our 1st cooler decade in that 10 year stretch that starts the next normal cooling cycle....before we start the whole warming process again by the 2070's or 2080's....

High today 52.2 - while still al couple inches of snow in the back we are at less than 50% coverage -so today will mark our last day with snow cover ending the streak at 32 days

Backyard.20210303_164515992.jpg

7 hours ago, chescopawxman said:

I am even more optimistic than you! call me positive Paul -the upcoming cooling cycle will prevent us from passing Richmond's old climate! I think the cooling later this decade will carry through the 2030's with our 1st cooler decade in that 10 year stretch that starts the next normal cooling cycle....before we start the whole warming process again by the 2070's or 2080's....

The science is clear, it will be warmer in 2030....and 2040. Willing to bet any amount. How about a round of drinks at the 2030 golf outing?   :heatmiser:

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Qtown Snow said:

Late today, guess this will hang around thru the weekend

20210303_163052.jpg

Yup, same here. Looks like next week will put a hurting on the snow pack.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Qtown Snow said:

Late today, guess this will hang around thru the weekend

20210303_163052.jpg

Yes, 55.8 high yesterday

IMG_4695.JPG

43 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

wonder why they cant implement next season

They have to issue an advisory change watch😄

• Like 3

I'm fine with doing away with advisories. John Q. Public (in my opinion) isn't weatherwise and probably has a tough time even grasping the difference between watches & warnings, so anything more is probably too confusing.

Edit: I didn't read carefully enough to see that this also pertains to Special Weather Statements. I like those and think they are useful and should be retained.

I don't mind the unseasonably cold weather... But this wind is driving me nuts. Really impedes on my running/walking. 

43 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

I don't mind the unseasonably cold weather... But this wind is driving me nuts. Really impedes on my running/walking. 

Yea the wind is tough, but just focus on that sun...

• Like 1
On 3/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, Chubbs said:

The science is clear, it will be warmer in 2030....and 2040. Willing to bet any amount. How about a round of drinks at the 2030 golf outing?   :heatmiser:

You are on!! After the warm start for the next several years here in the 20's....by 2030 we should be a couple years into the start of the next cooling cycle for sure. Without question the 2050's are going to be really cold - I suspect the Delaware River may freeze and folks will walk from Philly to Camden - sharpen your skates!

Feels like one of the coldest days of winter out there. Maybe after the brief taste of early spring it feels worse.

• Like 2