Jump to content

(Banter) Al Saves The Winter, PhiilyWx Winter Outlook (Banter)


Bananashadow
 Share

Recommended Posts

Leave it to Al, who played the four outlook holes at 1 over par.  Then there was :bleh: Tony who was so in love with his drawing drives, he forgot that it is drive for show and (chip too) putt for dough.  So if this winter is better than expected thank Al, if not blame torch kool aid drinking Tony. We had an objective observer following us around the course (He is staring at Al in this picture to make sure he didn't tee his shot in front of the tee boxes) as well as a reporter from a reputable news agency taking photos overlooking the important snow hole.

Anyway the PHL results:

Temperatures

December: +1.3F

January +1.7F

February +1.7F

Seasonal snowfall: 19.0"

IMG_2919.PNG.a3678c1f1168a5ad637dbe547f72c55a.PNG

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Bananashadow changed the title to (Banter) Al Saves The Winter, PhiilyWx Winter Outlook (Banter)

Some added color on the forecast:

Al saved winter

NIna pin placement on several forecast holes

Tony showed up in shorts and after a couple of holes I was sorry I hadn't.

Tony's new La Nina draw peaked in February approaching Tombo strength but fortunately weakened by the time we reached the snowfall hole

A good time with the forecast team and hopefully any snowfall errors have the opposite sign this year vs last.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Leave it to Al, who played the four outlook holes at 1 over par.  Then there was :bleh: Tony who was so in love with his drawing drives, he forgot that it is drive for show and (chip too) putt for dough.  So if this winter is better than expected thank Al, if not blame torch kool aid drinking Tony. We had an objective observer following us around the course (He is staring at Al in this picture to make sure he didn't tee his shot in front of the tee boxes) as well as a reporter from a reputable news agency taking photos overlooking the important snow hole.

Anyway the PHL results:

Temperatures

December: +1.3F

January +1.7F

February +1.7F

Seasonal snowfall: 19.0"

IMG_2919.PNG.a3678c1f1168a5ad637dbe547f72c55a.PNG

 

 

 

Nice looking forecast....but I will take under on snow.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, chescopawxman said:

Nice looking forecast....but I will take under on snow.....

Al was on a mission to save this winter.  I'd not get in his way.  He was staring the nina down and I think I heard it start to whimper.  If only you putted for me, I think we could have salvaged even a better winter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 3:44 PM, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Leave it to Al, who played the four outlook holes at 1 over par.  Then there was :bleh: Tony who was so in love with his drawing drives, he forgot that it is drive for show and (chip too) putt for dough.  So if this winter is better than expected thank Al, if not blame torch kool aid drinking Tony. We had an objective observer following us around the course (He is staring at Al in this picture to make sure he didn't tee his shot in front of the tee boxes) as well as a reporter from a reputable news agency taking photos overlooking the important snow hole.

Anyway the PHL results:

Temperatures

December: +1.3F

January +1.7F

February +1.7F

Seasonal snowfall: 19.0"

IMG_2919.PNG.a3678c1f1168a5ad637dbe547f72c55a.PNG

 

 

 

Thank-you Al, this wasn’t that bad an outlook at all.

Season was +0.8F and snow is going to be at least 4.9” too low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Thank-you Al, this wasn’t that bad an outlook at all.

Season was +0.8F and snow is going to be at least 4.9” too low.

Yes, much better than last year. Fitting that Al cashed in his snow chips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...