Isaias Observations

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't know my weather console came with jokes! 

That map destroys any snowfall total map we had this past winter. How sad is that?😆 

Welp, we got slammed today in upper Darby. Was a little quiet when I got in, was able to post some things, and then the kettle boiled over. Notions flood prone spots, well they flooded.... numerous wa

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

This place is like a magnet for tropical activity, 8th system to impact the region since 2014.

Winds gusted to 87mph at Oak Island, NC. Highest report was a sensor on the Cape Fear River - 99mph.

Absecon has much work ahead of it.

Upstream in Virginia, highest daily gust I could find/mouse over has been 75 mph in Lower Chesapeake Bay at York River East Rear Range Light.

9 minutes ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Absecon has much work ahead of it.

Upstream in Virginia, highest daily gust I could find/mouse over has been 75 mph in Lower Chesapeake Bay at York River East Rear Range Light.

Many reports of significant storm surge damage on Oak Island, looks like the annual vacation scheduled to start SAT could be in jeopardy.

https://www.wect.com/2020/08/04/nine-people-dog-rescued-oak-island/

Only 0.37" so far in Cherry Hill but the rain is not really the story here. 

SPC upgraded the eastern half of the PHL area to Enhanced for the ongoing tornado threat.

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

The warned cell is already northeast of you. You’re fine 

Oh yeah. I wasn't worried about it. Made sure a few people I know in the path knew it was coming their way. Don't think it made it down to the ground. If I was reading the radar correctly for that cell, the max winds came down to 3600 ft.

It's still early but feels like this is going to be an over-performer rain wise.  Already at an inch and a half since last night and it's just really starting in earnest.

7 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

It's still early but feels like this is going to be an over-performer rain wise.  Already at an inch and a half since last night and it's just really starting in earnest.

Yeah, 2.6" so far.  Could be, but the forecast was for 4" - 6", so halfway there.