Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Yawn Weather Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

late today

A cell that skirted by just offshore around lunchtime produced a small waterspout that lifted quickly then dropped down again for close to 5 mins before dissipating. Dry stretch ended with a heavy sho

We picked a good week to come down here I think. 85 in Nags Head with a nice sea breeze. Sunrise this AM:  

Posted Images

Looks like about 3" of snow at the Colebrook house at 1650' according to the camera.   It has stopped snowing and everything is dripping big time.   Hoping some will be left when I get up there tomorrow.    MWN seems to have gotten 8" or so.   

• Like 1

In case you are awake early Wednesday morning.

This year’s Orionid meteor shower lasts from October 2 to November 7, and it’s expected to peak in the early hours of Wednesday, October 21, according to the American Meteor Society. Each night, the shower should be visible from about 11:30 p.m. to 5:40 a.m., with best viewing from 4:40 to 5:40 a.m., per the Griffith Observatory.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cbelke said:

eagles season - Dumpster Fire | Meme Generator

How many days till pitchers and catchers report? what a horrible time to be a philly sports phan all of our teams are....uh not good...trying to be kind. Maybe the Flyers could mix in a championship sometime soon....only been 45 years for them - no rush!!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Harbourton said:

In case you are awake early Wednesday morning.

This year’s Orionid meteor shower lasts from October 2 to November 7, and it’s expected to peak in the early hours of Wednesday, October 21, according to the American Meteor Society. Each night, the shower should be visible from about 11:30 p.m. to 5:40 a.m., with best viewing from 4:40 to 5:40 a.m., per the Griffith Observatory.

Thank you!!  Moon phase is perfect but worried about clouds that night.  We shall see.

I estimated badly looking at the camera the other day.    We actually had 10" of snow here near Colebrook, NH.    Mostly all gone except in the woods.    It's been in the mid 50's in the day and mid 40's at night with a snoweater wind.

• Like 3

Headed down to Avon, NC for a week on Saturday.  Figure this will be our last chance to go in the offseason until our 1 year old graduates high school, since our first grader is virtual right now.  Temperatures look like they will be in the 70s and no tropical threats in sight.  Looking forward to it!

• Like 4

3k NAM showed the low clouds hanging tough all day up this way. It was right. Shows a similar scenario tomorrow and perhaps Friday. 

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

3k NAM showed the low clouds hanging tough all day up this way. It was right. Shows a similar scenario tomorrow and perhaps Friday. 

For some reason this weather is preventing my deck guys from doing the railings.  Ticking me off haha.  So close to being done.

• Sad 2