Warm Season 2020 Contest, Congrats to White_Mtn_Wx For Winning!

1 hour ago, White_Mtn_Wx said:

How many so far?

22 thru today.

Euro says we will 90 out rest of the month.   Not sure about Friday.  So let's leave that one out to make it interesting.  That would be 26 thru the end of the month.  Then the climo the last 10 years have been an additional 11 days.  There is your 37.   Now just keep the PHL max at 97F.

• Like 2
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations to @White_Mtn_Wx for winning the contest and will spend many a snowy evening reading about SuperStorm Sandy! Philly's high was 97F, there were 36 days with highs of 90F or higher

Book received. Thanks Tony for the prize and the nicely articulated signing! 😊

Looks like @White_Mtn_Wx & @PreserveJon (sorry I missed you yesterday) are going to be in the lead into Monday.  Monday might come close to that 97F.

Posted Images

On 7/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, Rainshadow5.8 said:

22 thru today.

Euro says we will 90 out rest of the month.   Not sure about Friday.  So let's leave that one out to make it interesting.  That would be 26 thru the end of the month.  Then the climo the last 10 years have been an additional 11 days.  There is your 37.   Now just keep the PHL max at 97F.

37 was my number, so we take! Actually, no. I'd much rather have well below 30 and lose the contest horribly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, PreserveJon said:

Barring an unforeseen, significant, and long-lasting pattern change, I'd say the odds are in White Mountain Weather's favor.  Thanks for tracking this Tony!

Yeah it is tough the way Septembers have been lately to not get some 90s then and we still have the rest of August.  At least for the moment, there are no slam dunk 90s on the horizon.  It is up to 32 days as of the 12th. So,  @White_Mtn_Wx now just has to watch out for some rogue early October 98F.  ;)

17 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Yeah it is tough the way Septembers have been lately to not get some 90s then and we still have the rest of August.  At least for the moment, there are no slam dunk 90s on the horizon.  It is up to 32 days as of the 12th. So,  @White_Mtn_Wx now just has to watch out for some rogue early October 98F.  ;)

Might get me by a degree, haha  :)

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

Who's in the lead??

hard to tell, but I like where I am sitting, not that it means much.

edit: to clarify only like my severe warning #, the 97s are looking good

• Like 1

As Tom noted in the other thread euro/eps flagging another heat wave next week. EPS below sends a piece of the western heat wave our way. Could shake up the contest if the warmest air matches up with peak PM sun.

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_fh144-240.gif

14 hours ago, Chubbs said:

As Tom noted in the other thread euro/eps flagging another heat wave next week. EPS below sends a piece of the western heat wave our way. Could shake up the contest if the warmest air matches up with peak PM sun.

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_fh144-240.gif

No vested interest?  ;)

• Like 1
On 8/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, Rainshadow5.8 said:

@White_Mtn_Wx & @PreserveJon, in case you are wondering thru yesterday (8/10) there have been 30 ninety degree or higher days at PHL.

I would put my wag for this week at three ninety degree days.  Tuesday & Thursday the locks.  Today and Friday iffier.  That would end the week as a tie (97F & 35 ninety degree days) going to the third tie breaker.

• Rainshadow5.8 changed the title to Warm Season 2020 Contest, Congrats to White_Mtn_Wx For Winning!