COVID-19 check-in; Pfizer, Moderna, JNJ All Have Vaccines.

I had Pfizer#2 a week ago. My dad has Pfizer #2 this past Wednesday. I had a fever, sinus pressure and fatigue the next day. It was unbearable, but I definitely milked it. 😆 My dad didn't have any side effects other than a night of wonky sleep a couple of days later. 

Man....last Easter we couldn't visit with my dad. He ended up dropping Easter baskets at our house weeks later. I couldn't imagine that Easter 2021 would see 2 of us fully vaccinated. 

• Like 9
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2nd shot today, literally a minute ago. Getting ready to enjoy all that I have been missing.  Thank you scientific/medical community. 

So I think you're definitely right about chloroquine and it only helping some people. Im a RN in an ICU and in my experience so far with these COVID patients, it doesnt help everyone. It seems the ear

had 2nd Pfizer on Thursday, no issues, back to yard work today...... 

Posted Images

Has anyone had, or know anyone who had immediate (within an hour or few hours) side effects to shot #1 or shot #2. My wife may be traveling an 60-90 minutes for her vax. and I just was curious if it is something to be concerned about. 

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Has anyone had, or know anyone who had immediate (within an hour or few hours) side effects to shot #1 or shot #2. My wife may be traveling an 60-90 minutes for her vax. and I just was curious if it is something to be concerned about. 

My cousin had a headache and a low grade fever within that time period.   She also said she had been to work with worse in the past.. ( 2nd shot )

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SalemCountyNJ said:

My cousin had a headache and a low grade fever within that time period.   She also said she had been to work with worse in the past.. ( 2nd shot )

Thanks. My wife is prone to migraines. I'll give her a heads up.

It's been 24 hours since my 2nd shot and no reaction at all.  I have a slightly sore shoulder.  My sister in law got her 2nd yesterday as well and nothing for her either.  My brother is getting his first today.  

• Like 4

My wife traveled a distance but got her first shot today. Something I’ll be willing to do once it opens up to all on the 19th. 

• Like 5

I've heard your reaction to the second shot is worse if you had Covid previous to getting the shot.  Has anyone else heard this or is this just another wild rumor running around out there?

20 minutes ago, phillyflip said:

I've heard your reaction to the second shot is worse if you had Covid previous to getting the shot.  Has anyone else heard this or is this just another wild rumor running around out there?

From a few that I know that have had reactions, they actually had a worse reaction to shot 1 if they have had covid before.  I think it varies though.  I've known several that haven't had a reaction and have had covid prior.  

• Like 1

Updated this graph.  I don't know what Israel's vaccination strategy is and yes they were locked down and we have a hodgepodge. But their predominant variant is the British one and they probably had a relatively high infection rate already like us.  Anyway that is why I like the 34% percentage as the breathe easier one and the 43% percentage as the don't let the door hit you on the way out covid-19. israelrocks.JPG.a3658ae3baeeed2d71e037678106ae03.JPG

• Like 2

Got my first Pfizer dose Fri morning. GF hooked me up at a work related vax event only 6 mins away from my office. Able to walk right up in between sessions, no wait for the shot & back to work in less than a half hour. 2nd dose will be either 4/29 or 5/7.

Arm was little sore Fri evening otherwise no side effects.

• Like 6

I had Moderna last Thu at West Chester U. Other than sore arm in shot location that was completely gone before this AM, that was no different than shots I got as a kid, I had zero side effects. Accidentally bumping my arm into something hurts worse. Feeling fortunate thus far. Going for shot #2 at my alma mater again on May 6. I'm 32 and in fit shape as well and play regular tennis. Hope shots continue to go well for everyone. 😀

• Like 4
On 4/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, frankdp23 said:

From a few that I know that have had reactions, they actually had a worse reaction to shot 1 if they have had covid before.  I think it varies though.  I've known several that haven't had a reaction and have had covid prior.  

My wife and I (maybe) had COVID a year ago, and she had a 102+ fever for 48 hours after her second Moderna.  Worth it though!

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Rojojojo said:

My wife and I (maybe) had COVID a year ago, and she had a 102+ fever for 48 hours after her second Moderna.  Worth it though!

That stinks though.  My wife is getting her 2nd Pfizer today.  Hopefully she has no symptoms.  

• Like 2

I got my second Moderna at a local CVS on April 1st. My housemate got her second Pfizer at the megasite in Morris County. We were both tired and a little out of it the next day but fine the day after. More or less. Oh, and the sore arm.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, frankdp23 said:

That stinks though.  My wife is getting her 2nd Pfizer today.  Hopefully she has no symptoms.  

Let us know how she makes out. Hopefully minimal symptoms.

With the bump up in date for all adults vaccinations (starting now, 4/13) I was able to hop on RiteAid site and get myself scheduled for next week. 👍

• Like 5
13 hours ago, rramblings said:

Let us know how she makes out. Hopefully minimal symptoms.

She was very tired last night and had the chills a bit.  When she woke up this morning, she felt a little achy but better.  

• Like 6

In 10 years, we'll be watching TV at 3 AM and see an infomercial about a class action lawsuit. "Have you or someone you love received a Covid-19 shot years ago?" 

image.jpeg.ddb922499086202893e829c73ef1dae6.jpeg

Sorry, need some sarcastic humor one in a while. 😆

Everyone's reaction to the shot is different and hearing about the side effects is going to be happening for years to come. 

Really bad news about the J&J vaccine...ugh.

My arm was wicked sore from the first Pfizer shot for about 24 hours, went away completely after about 48.  Not looking forward to Phase 2, hah.

35 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Really bad news about the J&J vaccine...ugh.

My arm was wicked sore from the first Pfizer shot for about 24 hours, went away completely after about 48.  Not looking forward to Phase 2, hah.

I originally had a J&J appointment scheduled around 10AM this morning...what are the odds? :facepalm:

Luckily I booked another appt. for Pfizer tomorrow evening so I can't be too mad. I was just looking forward to being fully immune by the end of the month, but it is what it is. We will get out of this.

• Like 4