COVID-19 check-in; Pfizer, Moderna, JNJ All Have Vaccines.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2nd shot today, literally a minute ago. Getting ready to enjoy all that I have been missing.  Thank you scientific/medical community. 

So I think you're definitely right about chloroquine and it only helping some people. Im a RN in an ICU and in my experience so far with these COVID patients, it doesnt help everyone. It seems the ear

had 2nd Pfizer on Thursday, no issues, back to yard work today...... 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Sigh...

In good news, my mom got her first shot today on Long Island. Second one in 3 weeks. 

Yup.

My mom got her first on Thursday,  my step father yesterday.   I'm getting mine through work on 3/16. 

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Captain Lou said:

With the mass availability of vaccines available by the end of spring, there is no reason for our hypocritical political leaders to arbitrarily effect business, schools etc. The damage our government, on both sides of the aisle, has done to our country in so many ways is criminal. 

9 hours ago, chescopawxman said:

Agreed! great news to see states making the call to open when appropriate!

7 hours ago, RCostello said:

Let Science and data guide. Politics is hypocracy personified... The past several years, capped off by 6 January- has shook my faith in America and American sensibility, honestly. I'm 62- not old but certainly have seen a bit of reality. 

What part of please keep politics out of this is so hard.  Go back and on practically every page I ask and plea to stop this bullshit and yet....

I am done with unlocking this thread. 

• Like 2
On 3/28/2020 at 4:19 PM, snowlurker said:

Since fewer of us are following weather and probably following the pandemic, I thought I'd start a thread for members to check in with one another. 

Let's please keep politics out of it.

First post.

• Like 1
On 4/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Sorry I took a 12 hour social media vacation for a while to get my sanity back.

Tom has asked me to moderate this thread days ago and the next political post that is on this thread, I am closing this thread down. 

STOP TESTING THE LIMITS & DON'T PM ME YOU ARE SORRY, WHAT DID  I DO??????????????

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 8:54 AM, Rainshadow6.6 said:

This was the original intent of this thread and while governmental decisions are obviously affecting our lives, this thread has devolved into hardly anything about how covid is affecting or not affecting us and more about q/c'ing government actions/inactions (I am not innocent of this either) and now conspiracy theories being posted (again). 

• Like 1
On 2/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, Rainshadow6.6 said:

This is really good after just one shot and consider the people who are getting the vaccine first are most vulnerable to bad outcomes.

Maybe this is pie in the sky, but can I not have to re-lock this thread yet again because of another political bull$hit post?  Just asking.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Relatively dry here - been cleaning/mulching the beds and the weeds need a good pull

Got a few weeks before that happens here. Too wet and I'm recovering from having Covid. No energy or desire to start digging just yet.

• Sad 3
50 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Got a few weeks before that happens here. Too wet and I'm recovering from having Covid. No energy or desire to start digging just yet.

That sucks. Hope you are back to normal soon!

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Parsley said:

That sucks. Hope you are back to normal soon!

Thanks. Yeah, it sucks. My symptoms were mild compared to my wife's. I basically had a head cold with a 99.3F temp, and my wife had eight straights days of a moderate fever. I had to take her to the ER for dehydration last night. She is now on the mend but still has a couple of weeks until the symptoms go away.  Its not fun and I did everything right (I think) to protect myself. 

That's all I'm saying on Covid in this thread. Otherwise I'll be banned. 🤐

• Sad 5
2 hours ago, cbelke said:

Thanks. Yeah, it sucks. My symptoms were mild compared to my wife's. I basically had a head cold with a 99.3F temp, and my wife had eight straights days of a moderate fever. I had to take her to the ER for dehydration last night. She is now on the mend but still has a couple of weeks until the symptoms go away.  Its not fun and I did everything right (I think) to protect myself. 

Get well soon!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, cbelke said:

Take care and I hope you and your wife are back to 100% soon.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, cbelke said:

Get well soon neighbor!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, cbelke said:

Sorry to hear about this Chris.  I hope you and your wife have a speedy recovery 

• Like 1

I got a request to open this thread again. I will close it yet again if it goes down the political cesspool again. There is no correlation between the number of political posts in this thread and the number of feet of snow will fall next season.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:59 AM, Rainshadow6.6 said:

I got the J&J Covid vaccine shot on Thursday, so I am done with this. My wife finished with Moderna in late February. I think I “won” the side effect contest. 

Did you have the choice to choose J&J instead of the other vaccines, or did it randomly get assigned to you? I'd prefer to get that one if possible. I thought I had read something where people get vaccinated with whatever happens to be at that particular location, and that J&J is only being given in pharmacy-type stores in New Jersey.

For context I won't be eligible until we get to phase 1C (young and no underlying health conditions), so maybe the criteria / availability will change by that point. Just looking to see if you got to choose that one or not.

52 minutes ago, ACwx said:

Did you have the choice to choose J&J instead of the other vaccines, or did it randomly get assigned to you? I'd prefer to get that one if possible. I thought I had read something where people get vaccinated with whatever happens to be at that particular location, and that J&J is only being given in pharmacy-type stores in New Jersey.

For context I won't be eligible until we get to phase 1C (young and no underlying health conditions), so maybe the criteria / availability will change by that point. Just looking to see if you got to choose that one or not.

From what I understand,  whatever they happen to be offering at the time you go is what you get in NJ, no matter where you go.  I might be wrong though. 

I had zero side effects from my first Pfizer shot.  My wife is getting her first tomorrow through my work.  It's funny, being a Pfizer employee I was able to get one for her before her work (JNJ) was able to provide for their employees. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ACwx said:

I had no choice. It was which vaccine Wegmans had. My wife who was able to go earlier got Moderna.

• Like 2