• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

utah today 

Obs today at 12,000ft

Can’t believe I have to drive away from this today.  Couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful morning here.    Pictures from Thornden Park in Syracuse. 

Posted Images

1.63" of rain yesterday while significant nowhere near our daily record of 2.26" set back in 1932

Monthly rainfall now stands at 4.87" (+1.13" above normal)

YTD precipitation stands at 12.03" (+1.47" above normal)

Snowfall 5.8" - 29.9" below normal through today.....

Mother Nature middle finger...

Low clouds exit stage right, instability clouds and showers enter from stage left. Models actually had this sequence portrayed well. Sunshine can buy you 70s to the south.

vis_nj_anim.gif

mdd.png

• Like 1

larger than pea size hail hitting Uwchan township right now 

edit: most of it is BB sized, but there are some larger than Peas in there too.

edit 2: rumbles of Thunder as well.

edit 3: and now at 2:42PM the sun is out and it's the nicest weather we've had since Friday

Edit 4: somehow I attached the wrong pic the first time

20200330_142906.jpg

• Like 6

Spring has sprung. My second favorite time of year. Sun feels warm, everything is blooming and temps are perfect for walking, but you don't have to deal with the hornets and humidity yet. 

20200330_161110.jpg

• Like 3

Gee clouds, east wind, drizzle, temps in the 40's....where have we seen that movie before?

hopefully we get the marine shank out of the way in March instead of May

stopped by Home Depot this morning & I noticed they already had tomato plants out in the garden section :smiley-shocked032:

58 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Gee clouds, east wind, drizzle, temps in the 40's....where have we seen that movie before?

stopped by Home Depot this morning & I noticed they already had tomato plants out in the garden section :smiley-shocked032:

Yeah, miserable. I threw down some lawn products early this morning before the "monsoon" of drizzle rolled in. Looks like solid improvement by Thursday. Perhaps not so bad tomorrow. I wouldn't want to be a tomato plant put in the ground in April around here. This is the perfect time to experiment with seeds though indoors.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

They do that after any warm March.  Criminal to be selling them, one cold morning and the plants are dead. Then they have to go back to Home Depot to buy more....

Yes marine drizzly shank here too. 

4 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Terrible timing. My lawn is a jungle and my wife just glares at me every time she looks at it. Again today, there's no point cutting it when so wet

Temp has been slowly falling all day now down to 42.9 here in East Nantmeal with a bit of slight upslope drizzle at times....grass is getting greener but still not close to needed a cut...

5 hours ago, chescopawxman said:

Temp has been slowly falling all day now down to 42.9 here in East Nantmeal with a bit of slight upslope drizzle at times....grass is getting greener but still not close to needed a cut...

The term "upslope drizzle" is interesting.  Google only returns 9 results for "upslope drizzle" (in quotes).  What led you to call it "upslope drizzle" and when would drizzle not be "upslope drizzle?"  Thanks.

Hey Icicleman....what I meant in meteorological terms was slight and I do mean slight or very shallow up slope - the shallow and weak up slope flow from sea level up against hills over 850 feet against the Piedmont Plateau which rises in the west and northwest philly burbs can.... in some cases create a very shallow fog/drizzle layer. The precise direction, depth, intensity, and moisture content of the up slope occurs when moist air such as what happened over the last couple days with a prolonged low level east southeast fetch off the Atlantic is forced upwards over the rising terrain of the Piedmont Plateau can either slightly enhance or cause clouds and some drizzle....clearly more prominent over NE PA and NW NJ with elevations well over 1500 ft but can and does occur at lower elevations given the right dynamics. Let me know if this make sense - thanks!!

• Like 1

After today's dreary day Chester County PA we will finish with our 10th warmest (46.2) average monthly temperature for March since records began in 1894. Of note 4 of the 5 warmest March's on record happened before 1950 back - back when we had a warmer March climo....the top 5 are below:

• 1921 - 51.5
  • 1945 - 51.3
  • 2012 - 49.5
  • 1903 - 48.4
  • 1946 - 48.0

• Like 2