Meteorological Winter Banter Thread

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

I can't log into this site thru my smart phone.  I think Tom is blocking me so I don't Debbie Down Ana. :(

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

I may have tried to log in too many times?

21 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Nvm maybe I was hitting enter instead of done first. Either way Little Debbie is back.

No more vino for you 

• Like 3
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boo the cat doesn’t care for this snow, it’s nap time !

I totally get what you are saying.  I'd add that fortunately, I'd classify this as one of the more level headed forums in a general sense.  Small quantity, high quality.  I regularly peg myself a

Well at least I saw my 1st plowable snow event this week.....but I had to go all the way to Seattle on business to see it. It was fascinating to see their approach to snow removal there....or lack the

Posted Images

I love winter and snow beyond belief (to my wife's dislike). I follow this site like its my job and was going to try to join you guys for golf this year (hopefully next year). I am starting to get frustrated with this year already. My foolish question is - when was the last time a good solid storm (4+) has trended well for us? I feel like every time there is a hint of snow it always goes in the toilet. Sorry if a silly question.

4 minutes ago, Squally said:

I love winter and snow beyond belief (to my wife's dislike). I follow this site like its my job and was going to try to join you guys for golf this year (hopefully next year). I am starting to get frustrated with this year already. My foolish question is - when was the last time a good solid storm (4+) has trended well for us? I feel like every time there is a hint of snow it always goes in the toilet. Sorry if a silly question.

Not silly at all.  Hmm...the last whopper was of course Jan 2016, we had close calls in March storms that turned more into sleet fests but were still fun to track, had that Apr storm 1 year, otherwise I'm I'm drawing a big fat blank.  Maybe because I, like you, and trying to subdue the anxiety over a meh pattern

3 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Not silly at all.  Hmm...the last whopper was of course Jan 2016, we had close calls in March storms that turned more into sleet fests but were still fun to track, had that Apr storm 1 year, otherwise I'm I'm drawing a big fat blank.  Maybe because I, like you, and trying to subdue the anxiety over a meh pattern

March 2018 I believe. Philly had 6+ storm burbs had the 10-14” one. It was either 2018 or 17

1 minute ago, colonel_kurtz said:

torch is the most beaten to death term in the weather forum community today

almost getting to be as bad as the 3 consecutive 90 day heat wave during the middle of July

To bad they are looking at 850 when saying that, at surface it's hardly a torch

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

To bad they are looking at 850 when saying that, at surface it's hardly a torch

that's certainly part of it, even when they are aware of the forecast surface temps torch is beaten worse than an Eagles CB on a double move

I mean during the winter 5-10 degrees above your daily average is not a torch, in the middle of summer 97 degrees yeah that's a torch, in the middle of JAN 50 degrees is not a torch

4 hours ago, Squally said:

Last 4 significant snow events in the NW Philly burbs (significant to me being 6" plus)

March 3-4, 2019 - 6.5" / Nov 15-16, 2018 - 7.3"/ March 21-22, 2018 - 13.5" / March 6-7, 2018 - 11.5"

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Last 4 significant snow events in the NW Philly burbs (significant to me being 6" plus)

March 3-4, 2019 - 6.5" / Nov 15-16, 2018 - 7.3"/ March 21-22, 2018 - 13.5" / March 6-7, 2018 - 11.5"

Memmmmmmmmmmmories...

R.I.P. Fence Pics 

36AB962C-4C5E-424C-83FD-0D7683A5EAA9.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, colonel_kurtz said:

torch is the most beaten to death term in the weather forum community today

almost getting to be as bad as the 3 consecutive 90 day heat wave during the middle of July

Torch = >32° !! Haha

• Like 1
1 hour ago, colonel_kurtz said:

even as we watch another DEC slipping away tough to complain when you had this beaut less than 2 yrs. ago

I remember why I forgot that storm.  Missed that thundersnow death band by a cat's whisker

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

I remember why I forgot that storm.  Missed that thundersnow death band by a cat's whisker

Lol, reading through my posts in that thread I reek of disappointment. Glad we got crushed a few weeks later. 

• Like 1

Our current Holiday weather sucks, the pattern looks like poo but we can all be thankful for the things that really matter - family, friends.

Wishing you & yours a very Merry Christmas & just remember even if winter crashes & burns - March will rock!

Flashback to Christmas Day 2002, an extra special weenie Holiday

img078.jpg.4f968c029db0f6f0ed85b9cec7b4392a.jpg

img079.jpg.5f8baa516fe69a3462ebf5b35893905b.jpg

• Like 7

Seasons Greetings. My wishes to all for a safe and joyfilled holiday season. I always enjoy The Shepard, read by Alan Maitland on CBC radio at this time of year. Some of you might enjoy this, allow just over 30 minutes. It is family friendly, you can listen with your kids and grand kids.

• Like 5