Jump to content

Meteorological Winter Banter Thread


Bananashadow
 Share

Recommended Posts

So.....

Our snow thrower is not in a good place in our garage.  Should I leave it there and have a difficult time taking it out if needed orrrrrrrr  move it to the front of the garage and put the forecaster's jinx in effect.  Just typing this must be a jinx because VAY lost the 00z Euro Norlun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

So.....

Our snow thrower is not in a good place in our garage.  Should I leave it there and have a difficult time taking it out if needed orrrrrrrr  move it to the front of the garage and put the forecaster's jinx in effect.  Just typing this must be a jinx because VAY lost the 00z Euro Norlun.

It is still sitting in a bad spot in my garage.  Tom will probably come cement it in place overnight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

So.....

Our snow thrower is not in a good place in our garage.  Should I leave it there and have a difficult time taking it out if needed orrrrrrrr  move it to the front of the garage and put the forecaster's jinx in effect.  Just typing this must be a jinx because VAY lost the 00z Euro Norlun.

Regardless of where you place it, just don't buy a new one...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NEchestercountydude said:

@tombo82685 Hey Tom, did you release your winter forecast? Didn’t see it on here or on Twitter. 

No I haven't, was trying to avoid it unless someone brought it up haha. Just seems like if you're 30% right it's a blessing. Just a crap shoot honestly for our area. One big storm can make or break it. I'll put something out by tomorrow night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

No I haven't, was trying to avoid it unless someone brought it up haha. Just seems like if you're 30% right it's a blessing. Just a crap shoot honestly for our area. One big storm can make or break it. I'll put something out by tomorrow night

More importantly why aren’t your Christmas lights on? Lol. Drove by your house (I believe) yesterday taking my daughter to a rehearsal in Boyertown.  Buchert is one curvy road.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

No I haven't, was trying to avoid it unless someone brought it up haha. Just seems like if you're 30% right it's a blessing. Just a crap shoot honestly for our area. One big storm can make or break it. I'll put something out by tomorrow night

Please don’t do a outlook just because I asked! Haha. No worries at all, and your right, our area is hard to predict snowfall wise. Was just interested in your general 500mb height thoughts for winter really 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

No I haven't, was trying to avoid it unless someone brought it up haha. Just seems like if you're 30% right it's a blessing. Just a crap shoot honestly for our area. One big storm can make or break it. I'll put something out by tomorrow night

Put it out in June and see if the accuracy improves. 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Parsley said:

More importantly why aren’t your Christmas lights on? Lol. Drove by your house (I believe) yesterday taking my daughter to a rehearsal in Boyertown.  Buchert is one curvy road.  

Lol, they are on tonight, I don't put them on when it's raining. I'm right on buchert and gilbertsville rd. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Lol, they are on tonight, I don't put them on when it's raining. I'm right on buchert and gilbertsville rd. 

I saw them tonight! On my way to Boyertown concert. Great job on the lights. My kids were impressed. 

026A9C3A-C478-4909-99FF-A3D8576E8994.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Parsley said:

I saw them tonight! On my way to Boyertown concert. Great job on the lights. My kids were impressed. 

 

Thanks, the wind the last couple days has done a number on them. Everytime I come home I have to resecure things. Where was the concert held at?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Thanks, the wind the last couple days has done a number on them. Everytime I come home I have to resecure things. Where was the concert held at?

The concert was at the Boyertown High School. All the elementary schools Within the district did a joint concert 4-5th grade for orchestra and band. I’m still learning my way around that area. Taking Buchert is a nice way to avoid traffic on 73. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Parsley said:

The concert was at the Boyertown High School. All the elementary schools Within the district did a joint concert 4-5th grade for orchestra and band. I’m still learning my way around that area. Taking Buchert is a nice way to avoid traffic on 73. 

Yup, I usually always take that was to get to 663 or I cut across to 100

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Thanks, the wind the last couple days has done a number on them. Everytime I come home I have to resecure things. Where was the concert held at?

I put a lot of decorations out and used to have this problem all the time. Solved with 3-4ft pieces of 3/8” rebar (4 ft for most semi-tall decorations) and zip ties.  The rebar is sold pre-cut to length at Lowe’s or Home Depot.  I hammer the rebar into the ground 18-24” leaving 24-30” above ground.  Most decorations have some sort of post that can be secured to the rebar with zip ties, and you can’t even see the rebar. Just a suggestion to end the frustration with wind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rafpsu said:

I put a lot of decorations out and used to have this problem all the time. Solved with 3-4ft pieces of 3/8” rebar (4 ft for most semi-tall decorations) and zip ties.  The rebar is sold pre-cut to length at Lowe’s or Home Depot.  I hammer the rebar into the ground 18-24” leaving 24-30” above ground.  Most decorations have some sort of post that can be secured to the rebar with zip ties, and you can’t even see the rebar. Just a suggestion to end the frustration with wind.

Yea I'll have to look into something. You can ask Parsley but I have a lot of figurines that go on my yard, so it woulod be lots of rebar

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...