Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

2 hours ago, eastonwx said:

How's everyone's garden doing? Certainly is a relief that they don't need to be watered, but on the other hand some of us are seeing too much rain. Closing in on 4.5" here for the month. I worry about possible rot and fungus issues, but as of now everything looks fine.

Only have heirloom tomatoes and herbs. So far everything is doing great. Looking like bumper crop of Cherokee Purples on the way.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back from the Azores. Tom may want to relocate. Temps in the 70s. A brief shower or two most days.Thick, weed-free Bermuda grass on lawns and golf course.  Looked bullet-proof.

My boys and I competed in the Philadelphia Disc Golf open this past weekend.  All three of us "cashed" and took home some prizes.   So cool to share a new sport with the juniors.   Looking forwar

My 8 yr. daughter’s school project (planting sunflower seeds after shutdown) has umm....been a success. She is ecstatic, 10-12 feet later.   

Posted Images

My wife went full bore into gardening this year, and our deck has about 30 different things growing.  Broccoli, watermelon, strawberries, lettuce, etc.  

Unfortunately, when the Japanese Beetles came out a couple of weeks ago, they were attracted to our deck like ants to sugar.  We had to move the strawberries into our three season room and I am always flicking the things off.

• Like 1

Can picture it now, some day the only things left on the earth will be cockroaches and…

crabgrass. This stuff is opportunistic. 96D4A297-2458-4713-AE2A-C0AB9E095E5D.jpeg.b89f9611a4786c4471e86f6509693b71.jpeg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Parsley said:

Can picture it now, some day the only things left on the earth will be cockroaches and…

crabgrass. This stuff is opportunistic. 96D4A297-2458-4713-AE2A-C0AB9E095E5D.jpeg.b89f9611a4786c4471e86f6509693b71.jpeg

Very easy to rid of that so you don't have that every year, and no I'm not talking about roundup lol

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Very easy to rid of that so you don't have that every year, and no I'm not talking about roundup lol

It just cracks me up how it grows in literally anything. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Gator Dust?

Woke up at 5 AM to watch golf...my son woke up at 6 so we got a lot of hang out time watching the Open.

Great to see Spieth playing with confidence again.  And Louis...would love to see Oosty get that elusive second major, he's been so good through his 30s.  

Regretting taking Rahm in my pool...I normally avoid favorites but he had been playing so well..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Woke up at 5 AM to watch golf...my son woke up at 6 so we got a lot of hang out time watching the Open.

Great to see Spieth playing with confidence again.  And Louis...would love to see Oosty get that elusive second major, he's been so good through his 30s.  

Regretting taking Rahm in my pool...I normally avoid favorites but he had been playing so well..

Father / Son time - Awesome!

• Like 1

Collin Morikawa is putting on a ball striking clinic today. 

He is gaining more than half a shot on the next closest person (and 1.5 strokes better than the field!) this season. If his putting was even slightly above average he would win every major. 

• Like 2

Bryson is trainwreck that's keeps getting worse by the week. The Koepka fued is one thing, which hasn't worked out well either, but when you start dumping on your sponsors look out. Maybe his goal is to reduce his income but man what a dolt.

Roid rage lol 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Great round from Morikawa today.  It's hard to understate how great his ball striking is.

Morikawa for the most part is a very good ball striker, putting is his Achilles heel. When he putts it's game on.

Oosthuizen also going off, guy has become a fixture at the top of leaderboards during majors.

31 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Louis Oosthuizen has may be has the best swing technically I have seen since since Hogan. If he can putt, it will be a runaway

Technically near perfect swings only mean so much when the pressure is on in a final round a lot of it will be mental toughness (and putting like you said). He’s also very rarely shown the ability to close. Rooting for him but he’s got a lot of talent right behind him. 

Oosty...that was a disappointing final round.  He's all class though.

I love Morikawa's game.  He seems modest, down-to-earth, and just seems to love the game of golf.  What he was able to do on a links course over the weekend is incredible for someone's first Open.  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Rainshadow101 said:

Fig harvesting has been going on for about a week already.image.jpg.5f232e161c31f8796da69e0e8538de70.jpg

They from Wegmans??? 😉

• Like 2

Played Baywood Greens earlier this week down outside of Rehoboth Beach. Absolutely stunning course visually, and played decent too. Would recommend this course  to anyone!

F04B55B2-37F0-4829-A6DB-AFA0B5280ECC.jpeg

278B4F1C-8121-4027-B1C1-AD8EB261A048.jpeg

8648DC9B-F829-4836-8D05-27154364838A.jpeg

430BD46C-9162-468E-BBB1-7C1341C10CBB.jpeg

8104109F-D27E-487D-A8F0-DF797DEC808D.jpeg

748CA428-770B-48CB-A6DF-EE263CB5B195.jpeg

1BB646F2-73DF-4043-B1B0-BBEFB5DAF53F.jpeg

• Like 5

Anyone know how to kill off these cicada Killers? They’ve overtaken my side yard. I know they’re low risk/leave em be species, but don’t want to risk it with my dog playing around and my wife walking near the trash cans.  Would Home Depot have anything? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, irishbri74 said:

Anyone know how to kill off these cicada Killers? They’ve overtaken my side yard. I know they’re low risk/leave em be species, but don’t want to risk it with my dog playing around and my wife walking near the trash cans.  Would Home Depot have anything? 

They are a pain as the summer drags on.  My neighbor's yard was infested with them last year, he would stand outside for long stretches just spraying the hose in his yard, but that didn't seem to help much.   I would try Googling.  

The first time I saw one of them (in my garage) I almost dropped dead.

• Like 1