Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

3 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Well, Rose is yakking all over the front nine.  He looks like an amateur that stumbled into a share of the first-round lead.

and he is able to come back to -7, wow

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back from the Azores. Tom may want to relocate. Temps in the 70s. A brief shower or two most days.Thick, weed-free Bermuda grass on lawns and golf course.  Looked bullet-proof.

My boys and I competed in the Philadelphia Disc Golf open this past weekend.  All three of us "cashed" and took home some prizes.   So cool to share a new sport with the juniors.   Looking forwar

My 8 yr. daughter’s school project (planting sunflower seeds after shutdown) has umm....been a success. She is ecstatic, 10-12 feet later.   

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Will Zalatoris a fellow Wake forest grad is sneaking up leaderboard.

I toured Wake with my daughter a few weeks back.  Absolutely beautiful campus, but I told her don't get her hopes up with the sticker price!

When I went there in the late sixties, price was under 1000 dollars per semester for room and board and schooling. No one has ever addressed the ridiculous prices of tuition increases no matter what your political leanings.

3 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Will Zalatoris a fellow Wake forest grad is sneaking up leaderboard.

He weighs about 155 soaking wet and drives the ball 320. Really like his game

25 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Tony watched his wood stack collapse after the rain soaked “mud” gave way. 

we live exciting lives

• Like 2

First lawn cut yesterday.  Grass looking pretty good.  Now I need to take care of the few area's that the dog killed with his #1's.  He always goes in the same area's for like a month, then goes to another.  Now I have like 4 patches from the winter time tinkle's.  :)

20210415_072509.jpg

• Like 4

Went low today (same can’t be said for my playing partners lol). 37/40 split . Wind really picked up on the back 9 🤷🏻‍♂️. Hitting my irons soo flush right now, it’s been an amazing feeling. (And keeping my tee shots in play!) 

played at Springfield CC. Not a bad day today. 

F70C4205-C176-4738-9C23-528EA702E514.jpeg

• Like 7

@Rainshadow6.6 We shall see what damage was done on the young vegetable plants in the garden with the 1-2 punch from Mother Nature (hail, then cold temps). The hail matted down some plants. I suspect the radish will be ok, hopefully lettuce, spinach, kale, chard will recover.

27 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

@Rainshadow6.6 We shall see what damage was done on the young vegetable plants in the garden with the 1-2 punch from Mother Nature (hail, then cold temps). The hail matted down some plants. I suspect the radish will be ok, hopefully lettuce, spinach, kale, chard will recover.

I ate some lettuce the other night that made it thru our winter. I think I am still normal, so they should be ok.  Not sure about the hail part though.

• Like 1