Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

2 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Bryson DeChambeau did it again.  This might actually be his worst shank yet.  This is incredible, just wish it was on live TV.

He is going to kill a spectator one day.

Is that his huge 46 yard drive?  

• Like 1
  • Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My boys and I competed in the Philadelphia Disc Golf open this past weekend.  All three of us "cashed" and took home some prizes.   So cool to share a new sport with the juniors.   Looking forwar

Back from the Azores. Tom may want to relocate. Temps in the 70s. A brief shower or two most days.Thick, weed-free Bermuda grass on lawns and golf course.  Looked bullet-proof.

My 8 yr. daughter’s school project (planting sunflower seeds after shutdown) has umm....been a success. She is ecstatic, 10-12 feet later.   

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Baseball0618 said:

The deer that live in the woods at my house and feed in my yard over the years have learned to eat absolutely everything.  I planted junipers, cryptomeria, holly bushes and everything that is supposed to be "deer resistant" and there is literally nothing they won't nibble on.   These deer will even enter my landscape beds and eat the flowers right out of my pots that are up 3 steps near our front door! 

It's awfully generous of you to provide such a magnificent deer smorgasbord. 

6 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Bryson DeChambeau did it again.  This might actually be his worst shank yet.  This is incredible, just wish it was on live TV.

He is going to kill a spectator one day.

People are too confident about golfers in general. I always say to my wife what if someone was stung by a bee in their downswing.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:58 AM, Baseball0618 said:

The deer that live in the woods at my house and feed in my yard over the years have learned to eat absolutely everything.  I planted junipers, cryptomeria, holly bushes and everything that is supposed to be "deer resistant" and there is literally nothing they won't nibble on.   These deer will even enter my landscape beds and eat the flowers right out of my pots that are up 3 steps near our front door! 

Impressive, I dunno the green giants at the course they leave a lone and we have a ton of deer here 

So ridiculous.  I was thinking....you thought Tiger aged terribly from 30 to 40?  I don't think that decade will be kind to Bryson's body.

58 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

So ridiculous.  I was thinking....you thought Tiger aged terribly from 30 to 40?  I don't think that decade will be kind to Bryson's body.

Insane. If he is accurate he will be in the running this weekend. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

That swing can NOT be sustained. He is cutting his career short by doing this. They said his swing speed was 140 mph. So a medium strength Cat 4 hurricane at Augusta??  🙄

Practice range is one thing the speed of the greens and firmness are another. The shorter par fives on the back nine may be a challenge with the firm greens. I'm thinking the best putter will win.

3 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Lol.  There are people flocking for chiropractic academies after watching this video. When I had even more happy feet when I first started golfing, this never was my outcome. 

11 hours ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

My wife's tee shot on White #3 at Ramblewood today.  If only it was the winter outlook hole....

s.JPG.f887eedb16665f6521d8f0766a962327.JPG

Heartache!! Haha. Would this have been her first ace?!

2 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Bryson will be unveiling a driver with a 4.5 degree loft at the Masters. I have no way of getting that thing airborne.

I think a 2x4 would have more loft.

• Like 2

Who ya got this week?! I'm taking JT. 

I know Jordan is playing well but no way I could take him over Spieth with them both at +1100 

On 4/7/2021 at 7:08 AM, irishbri74 said:

Heartache!! Haha. Would this have been her first ace?!

It would have been her second.  Her first was blue #1 at Ramblewood.  We did not even see it go into the hole because her tee box is below the green.  We couldn't find her ball until we looked in the hole.

BTW i wonder about that covid foam padding how many holes in one they have cost during the past year.

BTW BTW this is a side by side comparison of tee shots, her Ramblewood White 3 on Tuesday and mine Kresson 17 yesterday. (Both par 3s over ponds, although mine I think was 122 from what I remember on the watch).  More proof that she is a better golfer than me.

169465091_3740421929417210_7073724282815954524_n.jpg.27a4c3094425b423049006d47b8cdf40.jpg

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Who ya got this week?! I'm taking JT. 

I know Jordan is playing well but no way I could take him over Spieth with them both at +1100 

One of those weird things that winning two weeks in a row is not easy.  Although I would expect Jordan to do well.

15 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Bryson will be unveiling a driver with a 4.5 degree loft at the Masters. I have no way of getting that thing airborne.

10.5 is hard enough for me.  I once bought a 9 driver, I traded it in about two months later.

One hell of a round by Rose today. This is the fourth time he has had at least a share of the lead at the end of the first round at Augusta. Tied with none other than the Golden Bear. 

He played very will with the lead at Merion in 2013, and has two runner ups at Augusta. Will be very interesting to see how he follows that tomorrow. 

• Like 2