Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

stole another winter golf outing yesterday, back down to Harbor Pines, upper 30's but no wind & decent amount of sun so no issues with the cold, it is nice to be able to tee off at 12:30 & have no problems finishing before it's dark

the Egg Harbor Twp. landscape will look a little different this morning

20210210_140626.jpg.378a4cbb345003c90cb7e7d2e908b3e4.jpg

20210210_150748.jpg.d965d66571cb860759739092f45ef847.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back from the Azores. Tom may want to relocate. Temps in the 70s. A brief shower or two most days.Thick, weed-free Bermuda grass on lawns and golf course.  Looked bullet-proof.

My boys and I competed in the Philadelphia Disc Golf open this past weekend.  All three of us "cashed" and took home some prizes.   So cool to share a new sport with the juniors.   Looking forwar

My 8 yr. daughter’s school project (planting sunflower seeds after shutdown) has umm....been a success. She is ecstatic, 10-12 feet later.   

Posted Images

On 2/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, colonel_kurtz said:

stole another winter golf outing yesterday, back down to Harbor Pines, upper 30's but no wind & decent amount of sun so no issues with the cold, it is nice to be able to tee off at 12:30 & have no problems finishing before it's dark

the Egg Harbor Twp. landscape will look a little different this morning

20210210_140626.jpg.378a4cbb345003c90cb7e7d2e908b3e4.jpg

20210210_150748.jpg.d965d66571cb860759739092f45ef847.jpg

I can’t imagine golfing again until March.

Rickie: I would put Brad Faxon’s or Dick Stockton’s phone numbers on my speed dial stat.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:33 AM, mshaffer526 said:

One of us! One of us! 

He still saved bogey... Not one of us 🤣

He did better than me. See those trees on the right. That was where I ended and I did not save bogey. Otherwise if you do this once in your lifetime, take a caddie.

• Like 1
Just now, eastonwx said:

Tony, curious if you've ordered anything yet @Rainshadow6.6

2016945327_Photoon2-17-21at8_44AM.jpg.2de93d6130f9f58d04a4d7d7fdfe9b26.jpg

I can't from them.  I have gone almost exclusively to Burpee's.  Johnny's is acting like a pattern change.  They keep kicking the can as to the date when they will let the average home gardener order from them.  Now it is February 18th if they don't can kick it again.

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

I can't from them.  I have gone almost exclusively to Burpee's.  Johnny's is acting like a pattern change.  They keep kicking the can as to the date when they will let the average home gardener order from them.  Now it is February 18th if they don't can kick it again.

I hear ya' on that, they do seem to cater more to the big farms. Last year I stumbled across Urban Farmer (from Indiana) because they had something I wanted (sold out at Johnny's). It did take a while, got backordered, but I did get it in time to plant. I'm kind of giving a pass from last year due to the virus issues, but hopefully they have it sorted out this year. I will look into Burpees again. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

I hear ya' on that, they do seem to cater more to the big farms. Last year I stumbled across Urban Farmer (from Indiana) because they had something I wanted (sold out at Johnny's). It did take a while, got backordered, but I did get it in time to plant. I'm kind of giving a pass from last year due to the virus issues, but hopefully they have it sorted out this year. I will look into Burpees again. Thanks.

I already got seeds from them and I just ordered a few other seeds I would have from Johnnys on Saturday and they just e-mailed me they shipped this morning.  We really love their (Johnny's) Fortex pole beans (they never get strings), but just stick to a date or a policy, we'd understand.

• Like 1

Interesting fact about Rivera CC where this weeks golf tournament is being played.

Notable exceptions to the list of winners are Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods. Nicklaus' best finish in the L.A. Open was at age 38 in 1978, two strokes back as solo runner-up after an uncharacteristic stumble late in the final round.[15]

Hogan's Alley is on tap.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:49 AM, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Ridiculous...fffffff.JPG.bc07349f5ab688de6a9270c200afa7a5.JPG

Tony just can't seem to finish. Both played great, so congrats to Max.

P.S. I love the eucalyptus trees on that course when they are dormant. Eerie and cool at the same time.

1 hour ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

Quite the grit by Max Homa to win in the playoffs after missing a 3 foot putt to win on 18. Great shot in the playoffs when he was stuck right by a tree.

I love Riviera, great to see this is a prominent tournament once again. That was always the case back in the 80's-90's but it kind of fell off the map for awhile.

3 consecutive 2nd place finishes for Tony, he played great shooting a 64 today but he has to make that birdie putt on the 1st playoff hole.

Fowler with a much needed top 20 finish.

2 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

I love Riviera, great to see this is a prominent tournament once again. That was always the case back in the 80's-90's but it kind of fell off the map for awhile.

3 consecutive 2nd place finishes for Tony, he played great shooting a 64 today but he has to make that birdie putt on the 1st playoff hole.

Fowler with a much needed top 20 finish.

Yea. Love this track!!!

I like Tony , and was rooting for him to get that W. I think he’s just too nice, doesn’t have that killer instinct to put it away. 

but Max homa is a likeable guy. That chip shot on the 1st playoff hole with the ball against the tree was incredible!! 

Tiger Woods crashed his car early this morning.  The jaws of life had to be used to remove him from the vehicle according to the LA County Sheriffs office. No word on how he is doing other than he was transported to a local hospital via ambulance. 

33 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

Tiger Woods crashed his car early this morning.  The jaws of life had to be used to remove him from the vehicle according to the LA County Sheriffs office. No word on how he is doing other than he was transported to a local hospital via ambulance. 

I just heard he had multiple leg injuries and was in surgery. 

25 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

looks like a pretty bad wreck

Sheriff stated he doesn't think alcohol was involved & declined to comment regarding any other substance.

He did an interview with CBS during the final round Sunday & IMO he didn't look right, very subdued & his eyes were extremely blood shot. Single car crash & looking at an overview of the path his vehicle took to the crash site you do have to wonder.