Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My boys and I competed in the Philadelphia Disc Golf open this past weekend.  All three of us "cashed" and took home some prizes.   So cool to share a new sport with the juniors.   Looking forwar

Back from the Azores. Tom may want to relocate. Temps in the 70s. A brief shower or two most days.Thick, weed-free Bermuda grass on lawns and golf course.  Looked bullet-proof.

My 8 yr. daughter’s school project (planting sunflower seeds after shutdown) has umm....been a success. She is ecstatic, 10-12 feet later.   

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Tom wishes he was here this morning.

I'm waiting for a thunderstorm to take the fig tree out with lightning or damaging winds. Irony in that, the two things gigi loves most, figs and thunderstorms take each other out 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

trees get struck by lightning, figs can be too. If not i'll attach a metal rod to them 

If the freezing cold winters won't get the figs (not likely), Tom will...  (more likely)😈

14 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

New backyard has some low lying spots. (Grantees we’ve had about 7-12” of rain the last month). 

any ideas to fill it it? Just top soil and seeding? 

FDA6F43E-FACB-4683-9A42-43679D31D12C.jpeg

French drain?

15 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Olympia  Fields has gained my respect. US Open conditions in a preliminary Fedex Cup venue= who would have thought.

Yeah, that has been a great tournament. Should be a fun duel between Matsuyama and DJ today. 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:20 PM, irishbri74 said:

New backyard has some low lying spots. (Grantees we’ve had about 7-12” of rain the last month). 

any ideas to fill it it? Just top soil and seeding? 

Yea I'd just raise those areas with top soil. It's all surface drainage issue. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Rahm seems to finally be putting it all together. If he can keep his mental stuff in check, he is going to win majors. 

Yup.  To a certain extent one has to be true to oneself.  But, he realized he was getting in his own way.  I didn't see the pick up the ball brain freeze on Saturday, but would have imagined two or three years ago he would have carded a 75 after that.