Flizzard Drizzle 13th winter event obs March 8, 2019

Current temp 32.0 and still a little light snow falling but as I said in my initial comment I don't think this will qualify for our 13th winter "event"....still stuck at 12 and that may be where we end - but I still expect at least one more measurable event before April 10th

Just got dinner delivered and was surprised to see it snowing at a pretty good clip with huge flakes relatively low visibility when I answered the door.  Looks like a quick passing burst on the radar - little bit of a coating on the grass and cars. Maybe my last flakes of the year over here on the wrong side of the Delaware River? 

7 minutes ago, Robnj88 said:

Just got dinner delivered and was surprised to see it snowing at a pretty good clip with huge flakes relatively low visibility when I answered the door.  Looks like a quick passing burst on the radar - little bit of a coating on the grass and cars. Maybe my last flakes of the year over here on the wrong side of the Delaware River? 

can never say never but we are getting late in the year

Tombo - agreed. For me, at this point in the year either give me a major snowstorm or give me spring. Hate to see the snow threats disappear into the rear view, but hopefully next year is a bit better for the coastal plain. 

36 minutes ago, Robnj88 said:

Yeah was also surprised coming out of the restaurant tonight - enough to coat the grass

3_8eve.JPG

E of KACY...started snowing around 4pm with a temp of 35...had snow mixed with rain until 7ish, then snow with a temp of 31 to 32...tapering off now...def over 1/8" but shy of 3/16", will call it .15"...more than a trace, definitely an "accumulation", nice event 😆

20190308_213742.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chescopawxman said:

Current temp 32.0 and still a little light snow falling but as I said in my initial comment I don't think this will qualify for our 13th winter "event"....still stuck at 12 and that may be where we end - but I still expect at least one more measurable event before April 10th

Agreed, think that the 19th-22nd period delivers something measurable and we get an early April whimper.    Don't see blowtorches over the next month.

23 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

0.2" - 32F

The snow on the holly in the foreground melted out overnight, while a portion of snow on the grass/mulch survived

3_9am.JPG

I know you are a good 20 miles or so south of me, but it's still crazy the difference in snowpack.