Phillies and 76ers are getting busy, and now it's the Eagles turn

3 hours ago, frankdp23 said:

Yeah I'm sure that was it and not the 400 million+ dollars

He could have  made much more that than that if he waited for free agency and got a 500 million or more for a lesser amount of time on the contract and opt outs. Move to the coast and leave us alone.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fightin Phils are now right they with LA as favorites to win the NL, Dodgers are 4-1 & Phils are 9-2. quite a formidable lineup on paper, Hoskins might have the biggest upside with those bats

Birds acquired Jordan Howard for 6th rd pick, we like

Just an awesome deal for a future Hall of Famer!! Amazed they did not have to overspend. His agreement to go for years over annual value will leave the Phils with plenty of room to add more pieces thi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Harbourton said:

Best surprises for the Phillies - Eflin, Serguaro,  Odúbel Herrera, McCutchen. I didn't include Hoskins since I always thought this guy was a beast and just needed a little protection int the batting order - BOOM!

I like Eflin and Pivetta more than most.  Both have great power arms, just need time to learn how to pitch at this level.  They got hurt quite a few times last year when ahead in the count on poorly executed off-speed pitches when the batter couldn't sniff at their 97-mph heater.  Hopefully having a veteran catcher accelerates their learning process.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, colonel_kurtz said:

Ben Simmons is rounding into playoff form, 9 turnovers against Denver & today he torched a Lakers team they didn't play a lick of defense going 3-13 from the field.

LOL - he was minus until the Lakers quit in the 4Q.

Weak link on a very solid team after the recent additions.

Ben Simmons is now a combined  -84 in the last 6 playoff games, absolutely dreadful performance today. Need Heisey to tell me more about the intangibles this stiff brings to the team.

Johnson & Embiid caught reading tweets on the cell during the game, organization is a trainwreck. Only thing missing today was shooting off confetti.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Officially football season after the trainwreck down at CBP. Pitching was always a question mark but the lack of offensive production has really been the downfall of this team. If it wasn't for the Bruce acquisition they would have been out of the mix a couple of weeks ago.

Dodgers / Yankees could be quite a World Series this fall.

In other news our basketball organization decided that a guy that literally can't shoot & is a combined -79 in the Quarter Finals the past 2 years deserves a max deal. 

Eagles can't start soon enough.

Don't see how the Phillies are even a .500 team at the end of the season with lack of pitching and the scattershot offense.

I got sucked into predicting mid 90's wins at the beginning of the season.

13 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Officially football season after the trainwreck down at CBP. Pitching was always a question mark but the lack of offensive production has really been the downfall of this team. If it wasn't for the Bruce acquisition they would have been out of the mix a couple of weeks ago.

Dodgers / Yankees could be quite a World Series this fall.

In other news our basketball organization decided that a guy that literally can't shoot & is a combined -79 in the Quarter Finals the past 2 years deserves a max deal. 

Eagles can't start soon enough.

Agreed, the phils are another yawn fest this year. 

• SalemCountyNJ changed the title to Phillies and 76ers are getting busy, and now it's the Eagles turn
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Nice to be able to shovel the last pile of dirt on the "trust the process" scam. This has been one the most embarrassing periods in Philly sports, entire organization from the owner on down needs to be overhauled. 

How's Embiid & Simmons as the next Kareem & Magic working out??? LOL

Simmons continues to be the most overrated player in the NBA & Embiid at best is an 25 min / night player who could breakdown brushing his teeth. Those Horford & Harris contracts are going to be an drag on this team for many years so this supposed bright future is turning into a nightmare.

• Like 2
On 7/27/2019 at 8:31 PM, tombo82685 said:

Thank God football season is here. Another absolute dumpster fire of a phils team for the 9th year in a row

At least its a short season for the Phils. Minimize the pain depending on how you look at it.

After last night, Phillies bullpen now has an 8.29 ERA on the season after nearly a month's worth of games...that's nearly impossible to do. What makes it even worse is we're wasting Harper's prime years (he's probably having 2nd thoughts about signing here) and Realmuto now has several on-field gifs of him being visibly frustrated with the team, I doubt he wants to re-sign here long term which is depressing considering he's one of the best overall catchers I've seen in a long time. We could easily be 15-8 with an average bullpen.

I can sum the Sixers up like this - I was more interested in watching them in 2015-17 (just to see how their young talent would shake out) than I am now. The players clearly aren't giving 100%, Brown is getting outcoached constantly and our front office has been pathetic for 8+ years. That 2017 draft where we picked Fultz over Tatum will haunt us for a LONG time.

Pandemic threats aside, I'm optimistic about the Eagles this year, just need to not suffer as many injuries as the last 2-3 years and we should get into the playoffs.

Thank god we at least have the Flyers for now lol