Winter of 2013-2014

tombo82685

Well, if you two are done with your little lovers spat, I say the snow bowl storm. No one nailed it even hours before, classic football game to watch later on DVR, as I drove for hours in that mess with a smile, and a real harbinger of the winter to come...

I forgot all about that one. Not bad. I remember driving down to Wayne going to plow the clubhouse out. It was fun watching the snow intensity increase while driving down 422

Not sure about favorite since it was such an active season (I'd have to look back), but the ~9" storm in dec during the eagles-lions game was easily the most fun. One big reason was because I was watching it all from my couch (i.e. It wasn't a work day, and I wasn't in traffic hell due to snow-related fails), both on tv and seeing it puke snow in bright daylight from every outdoor angle in the room. Good times...

Well, if you two are done with your little lovers spat, I say the snow bowl storm. No one nailed it even hours before, classic football game to watch later on DVR, as I drove for hours in that mess with a smile, and a real harbinger of the winter to come...

Lol didn't see this before I posted, and sort of forgot about the element of surprise that came along with that one. I had a few friends get stuck for 3,4,5 hours. Sucky time for some during the moment, but what a great memory overall. I think I saved some radar screenshots of that band, pretty crazy...

I think mine was the one right after New Year's. Granted it wasn't a ton of snow. Think I only got like 4 inches up here but the fact it dropped to -3 that night. Just pure awesomeness.

We got some real old-timey winter experiences this season. While some of it sucked in the moment (3* greeting walking out the door for work comes to mind), some cool things to look back on. Historic things too, like the impacts to chester county alone from that ice storm after the week after the Super Bowl.

Lol didn't see this before I posted, and sort of forgot about the element of surprise that came along with that one. I had a few friends get stuck for 3,4,5 hours. Sucky time for some during the moment, but what a great memory overall. I think I saved some radar screenshots of that band, pretty crazy...

December 8th..eagles vs Lions

If I'm not mistaken, DC was supposed to take the brunt, and we would get fringed.... But the death band set up over top of philly for a while, and it just puked snow for hours! Wasn't the most snow of the year, but it was one of the biggest surprise snowfalls that I remember.

ma4e9upu.jpg

edugezuv.jpg

My favorite was the early March storm that didn't pan out with snowfall totals and allowed me and my buds to escape to sunny south from Mercer County Airport  for some golf. lol OK it's self serving but I had one instance last winter when my tire pressure light went on because of the 8 degree temps .and lost trees to heavy snow and ice. Nice pay back this summer and early fall.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Missed the eagles storm so I'll go with Feb 13 AM - rarely do we go back to heavy snow after a changeover  -

Also re-posting my stats - will be happy with half the action this year

Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar - 13.9/19.5/26.3/8.7 - 68.4

Number greater than:

12"  - 1

6"  - 4

3"  - 8

1"  - 13

T   - 19