December 9th-10th Winter Storm Threat

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man a lot of jumpers already. I mean I'll be there soon but not till saturday 

This is off the 0z euro, but just shows all the features models have to figure out before we get to a storm. I labeled each feature with an X and then a number. Then drew lines to show which effects w

31 minutes ago, Mitchnick said:

Definitely came north this run. Confluence retreats quicker and 250mb winds back with a more northerly component. Too little, too late......tbd

You have a shot at something. Storm could edge north or expand some.

Our next threat will be right before Christmas. Love the look after our brief relaxation. And more threats will follow. This storm can kiss my you know what. Better times are coming. The Bus is coming for you 

34 minutes ago, phillysports11 said:

This clown NYC weather alerts saying look at this shift to the north happening... Idk what he is on but I need some of that,ha

Yea I don't see any north shifting that would raise any eyebrows for these parts

• Like 1

A bit of a northward creep has occurred. Even last night's Euro/UKMET edged northward with their precip.  I don't know if it is win the battle (get pcpn into Mt Holly CWA, which might be or mixed with rain), but lose the war.  I am curious as to how well the FV3 does with this because it has been pretty north with its precip shield all along.

index.gif

index.gif2.gif

index.gif3.gif

4 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

A bit of a northward creep has occurred. Even last night's Euro/UKMET edged northward with their precip.  I don't know if it is win the battle (get pcpn into Mt Holly CWA, which might be or mixed with rain), but lose the war.  I am curious as to how well the FV3 does with this because it has been pretty north with its precip shield all along.

Looks like Delaware and Cape May will be the winners.

56 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

We didn't keep this close enough for the last minute creep north. But at least we may avoid the heaviest virga.

• Like 1