December 9th-10th Winter Storm Threat

2 minutes ago, phillysports11 said:

Our time will come, hopefully sooner than later

Yea I'm not worried. Misses happen every winter. Just could be a little while before we have something to track again

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man a lot of jumpers already. I mean I'll be there soon but not till saturday 

This is off the 0z euro, but just shows all the features models have to figure out before we get to a storm. I labeled each feature with an X and then a number. Then drew lines to show which effects w

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I know wrong thread, but how about this Great Lakes bomb that the models are showing Day 8-10....Could be a major snow event for parts of Canada lol...anyone have a passport and want to storm chase? ;)

After the teasing the GGEM did this week I hate Canada. Hope it rains up there!!!☺️

12 minutes ago, Feb said:

After the teasing the GGEM did this week I hate Canada. Hope it rains up there!!!☺️

The GGEM has been weak this entire cold season.  It was the last one to lose the cutting solution for the Norlun. Barring a 9th inning rally it will have the most inaccurate solutions for 12/9-12/10 in the medium range.  Its day 5 500mb stats are barely beating the NOGAPS. 

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Never, still would take this type of weather over 50 anyday. I enjoy cold and so do you

If it aint snowing, it might as well be 50.

You know what I mean the reason why it snowed in Mid November was those Jack Torrance 510s solutions by the GFS went away and the reason why this one may likely be congrats Virginia is the cold air is not forecast to get out of the way fast enough.  I think there would have been some coastal plain ptype issues anyway, but that is another day.

8 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

If it aint snowing, it might as well be 50.

You know what I mean the reason why it snowed in Mid November was those Jack Torrance 510s solutions by the GFS went away and the reason why this one may likely be congrats Virginia is the cold air is not forecast to get out of the way fast enough.  I think there would have been some coastal plain ptype issues anyway, but that is another day.

There probably would of been for the coastal plain. O well, win some, lose some. Was nice to track something even though it didn't pan out. Now back to the thumb twirling till next threat emerges. 

7 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

And who should not start the next thread. ;)

Probably me since I went out and looked at the Accuweather 90 day forecast!! LMAO!!   Jan. 3rd, 2019 and Feb. 10th, 2019 look like snow. Then its break out the lawn mowers in March!!!  

weather wheel.jpg